Lead Applications Analyst - Finance/Legal
Imagine a future that is transformed by agile processes, automation, advanced analytics, robotics, artificial intelligence and many other digital capabilities. The HanesBrands IT team is looking for people who challenge the ordinary and seek to innovate in order to create the future. If this is you - come join our global team! We are seeking talented individuals who are ready to change the ordinary into the extraordinary!
The lead applications analyst will work with business partners to deliver strategic solutions, ensuring initiatives provide expected business value through project controls, collaboration and stakeholder communication. This role will be a lead player in delivering strategic solutions to support our finance/legal functional business teams by providing the latest technologies.
The Lead Applications Analyst is accountable for ensuring our global application platforms are well controlled, operating effectively and aligned with business needs. This role is primarily responsible for providing leadership in identifying and implementing process improvements to these systems and other core systems.
- Works to achieve operational targets with major impact on the departmental results. Contributes to the development of goals for the department and planning efforts (budgets, operational plans, etc.)
- May manage large projects or processes that span outside of immediate job area. Work is performed with limited oversight
- Responsible for making moderate to significant improvements of processes, systems or products to enhance performance of job area
- Problems and issues faced are numerous and undefined, and require detailed information gathering, analysis and investigation to understand the problem. Problems are difficult and moderately complex
- Problems typically impact multiple departments or specialties. Problems are typically solved through drawing from prior experience and analysis of issues
- Communicates with parties within and outside of own job function. Typically has responsibility for communicating with parties external to the organization (e.g., customers, vendors, etc.)
- Works to influence parties within and outside of the job function at an operational level regarding policies, procedures and practices
- Consults in the project planning process with clients, business analysts, architects and team members
- Leads the evaluation and selection process for application packages including buy versus build recommendations
- Develops application specifications, conversion and migration designs. Manages final deployment of code to appropriate server
- Defines, develops or modifies software application modules or enterprise-wide software systems using disciplined software development processes
- Conducts and/or directs unit testing for application modules to ensure application meets specifications at system level
- Accountable for approvals for making modules production ready
- Proactively analyzes existing applications to identify weaknesses and develop opportunities for improvement
- Provides ongoing maintenance and 24x7 Tier III applications support
- Advises on guidelines and standards (best practices) to be utilized in software development/integration
- Adheres to and provides accountability for adherence to applications security procedures, change control guidelines and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, e.g., addition/change/removal of program codes must be authorized, tested, and approved by business and IT
Specific Experience/Education/Certification Requirements:
- 3 - 5 years' experience in one or more key Finance/Legal technology platforms: SAP FICO S/4 HANA, Hyperion - Essbase/HFM, Blackline, UIPath, Microsoft Power BI, Workiva, Kyriba, Kronos, Concur, Vertex, Thomson Reuters Legal Tracker and Onit Contract Management
- Knowledge of key Finance/Legal technology platforms covering two or more Finance/Legal processes: Record to Report, External Reporting, Financial Planning and Analysis, Procure to Pay, Cost Accounting & Transfer Pricing, Order to Cash, Cash Management, Direct and Indirect Tax, FX Hedging, Trade Spend Management and Contract Management
- Experience dealing with key integration areas with SAP S/4 HANA; experience integrating SAP with external payroll processing, Hyperion, Microsoft Azure/BI, AP indexing/workflow and Kyriba.
- Ability to facilitate and contribute to vision and roadmap for global Finance/Legal technology capabilities.
- Knowledge of standard SAP global accounting features such as leading and non-leading ledger.
- Excellent analytical, decision-making and project management abilities
- Exhibits ability to work both in a team environment and independently
- Strong analytical, influence, organization, time management, facilitation, and process management skills
- Demonstrated high level of written, verbal and interpersonal skills to communicate technical and non-technical information, ideas, procedures and processes
- Skill in building strong internal relationships with Finance/Legal and business leaders to define and understand strategic and tactical objectives
- Able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment, and with all levels of the organization and cope with rapidly changing information
- Ability to evaluate and negotiate priorities and adapt to new/evolving individual and team assignments as adjustments are needed
- Ability to effectively communicate to all levels of an organization how current trends and technology can address identified business needs and capabilities
- Interact and deal effectively with all levels of employees while maintaining a professional manner; willingness and effectiveness in challenging the status-quo
- Maintains a positive work environment through teamwork & conflict resolution
- Expected to work occasional weekends, holidays, overtime, or a variety of shifts, when needed, to meet deadlines
- Ability and willingness to travel by auto and air as needed to achieve business objectives
- Bachelor's degree related to Information Systems, Business or other relevant academic discipline with a minimum 4 years job experience in IT or process area(s)
- Detail-oriented with strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated project management experience
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status
Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly: