Roles and Responsibilities:
• Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, and/or supervisor.
• Ability to effectively present information to an internal department and/or large groups of employees.
• Requires basic knowledge of financial terms and principles.
• Ability to calculate simple figures such as percentages.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situation where only limited standardization exists.
• Requires intermediate analytical skills.
• Uses personal computer and / or PDA for work order system, email, ESS and training.
• Basic skills with Microsoft Office Outlook.
• Physical requirements include stooping, standing, walking, climbing stairs / ladders and ability to lift / carry heavy loads of 50 lbs. or more.
• Utilizes advanced skills to perform complex preventive maintenance and corrective repair of buildings, industrial systems, vehicles, equipment and grounds.
• Working under limited supervision, monitors building system operations and performance.
• Utilizes several trade skills such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, roofing, heating and cooling.
• Complies with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and Company directives related to building operations and work safety.
• Inspects building systems including fire alarms, HVAC, and plumbing to ensure operation of equipment is within design capabilities and achieves environmental conditions prescribed by client.
• Oversees and inspects the work performed by outside contractors.
• Contracted work includes landscaping, snow removal, remodeling, HVAC, plumbers, and cleaning.
• Performs assigned repairs, emergency and preventive maintenance.
• Completes maintenance and repair records as required.
• Reviews assigned work orders.
• Estimates time and materials needed to complete repair.
• Orders necessary materials and supplies to complete all tasks.
• Maintains an energy management program to ensure measures are taken to operate all systems in the most efficient manner to keep operating costs at a minimum.
• Maintains the building lighting system, including element and ballast repairs or replacements.
• Performs welding, carpentry, furniture assembly and locksmith tasks as needed.
• Responds quickly to emergency situations, summoning additional assistance as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position.
• May provide informal assistance such as technical guidance and/or training to coworkers.
• May coordinate work and assign tasks.
• Decisions made with general understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines.
• Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and a minimum of four years of related experience and/or trade school training.
• Universal CFC certification required.
• Additional certification in one or more of the following: electrical, mechanical, HVAC and refrigeration systems, process controls, mechanical power transmissions, painting, plumbing, carpentry or engine repair.
• Certifications/licenses as may be required by local or state jurisdictions.
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com