Vice President, Public Relations
We are hiring for a Vice President of Public Relations (internally known as the VP of Corporate Communications to be located in Valhalla, NY.
As the the Vice President, Public Relations you will report to the VP Finance of Fujifilm Holdings America Corporation. This role is included in the Fujifilm Regional Leadership Team of the Americas. In this role you will oversea the corporate communication activity for all Fujifilm Subsidiaries in the Americas across industries including healthcare, consumer and industrial. It is the conduit for information sharing to and from Tokyo Headquarters and the Subsidiaries. This leader directly manages a department of fourteen (14) and has dotted line reporting responsibility from the America’s Subsidiaries.
To be considered for this role, candidates must have experience in Life Science or Medical device.
FUJIFILM Holdings America Corporation is the holding company for North American based FUJIFILM companies operating in 27 states and engaged in the research, development, manufacture, sale and service of FUJIFILM products. The company serves a broad spectrum of industries in the U.S. including medical and life sciences, electronic, chemical, graphic arts, information systems, broadcast, and photography. For more information, please visit www.fujifilmusa.com.External US
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Leadership and Management
- Leadership role directly managing fourteen (14) marketing communication team members who support the full range of businesses across the healthcare, consumer and industrial businesses.
- Have experience in the areas of PR, marketing communications, advertising, web media and development.
- Be able to develop strong business relationships within each company and guide the development of strong business relationships of the team members to expand the Shared Service model across the regional businesses and support M&A activities.
- Through a dotted-line working relationship, provide guidance and support to the Americas Subsidiaries in their internal and external communications including advertising, public relations activities, social media and website development and maintenance for 13 reginal websites. In addition the team manages trade shows and events and has a creative services department that provides design and production for print, digital and video media.
- As part of Fujfilm’s regional Headquarters organization help disseminate information coming from Tokyo (FTYO) Headquarters and/or collect information requested from FTYO across Corp Comm., Web and Advertising/Branding.
- Develop the strategy to support the team members to ensure the businesses receive adequate service levels. Nurture staff members, including identifying opportunities for professional advancement; ensure team members are appropriately informed and involved in projects; ensure deadlines are met; participate in assessment and career development activities; conduct bi-annual performance appraisals of direct reports
- Provide guidance and oversee the management PR Agencies, various consultants, and Creative Agencies, etc.
- Provide leadership of communication activities that focus on the U.S. market, but also collaborate with global markets (Japan and Europe) to ensure consistent messaging across channels.
- Provide counsel and develop messaging for a range of crisis communication scenarios including DOJ and FDA issues, and insure all media contacts are handled appropriately on all crisis communications issues. Bring in PR specialists when required to support these activities.
- Working with FTYO and the Subsidiaries insure that preparedness plans are developed and up-to-date for challenging issues, reputation and crisis situations.
- Oversee the work of the healthcare, industrial, commercial and consumer products team members. Monitor client expectations and insure that these expectations, including those of Tokyo Headquarters, are being met.
- As a shared services organization look to grow existing company and business unit accounts; identify and pursue opportunities for developing new business through value add services (creative services and advertising) and reduce expenses of business through offerings.
- Provide corporate communications support for 10 healthcare businesses/initiatives.
- Provide corporate communications support for 5 industrial businesses/initiatives.
- Provide corporate communications support for 8 consumer and business/initiatives.
- Support our one Canadian and two South American Subsidiaries as needed.
- Provide guidance and support for PR team members in securing qualitative product features and business placements in target media.
- Work with FTYO and business leaders to proactively communicate corporate stories which enhance brand and strengthen our corporate reputation.
- Oversee activities associated with issues-oriented writing and executive PR opportunities (media interviews and preparation, Q&A, statements and quotes, executive social media posts.)
- Position executive thought-leaders and key customers in webinars, feature articles, case studies, and peer-reviewed publications.
Fujifilm Americas Web Sites
- Responsible for the technical and administrative operation of the various websites
- Work closely with various businesses on website content management including regular updates.
- Partnering with FTYO to develop Corporate content and messaging on the websites.
- Insure corporate brand messages are effectively represented on sites.
- Oversee internal editorial calendar planning on behalf of the NA region and works closely with FTYO Corporate Communication team, internal team and business stakeholders.
- Oversee strategic Environmental Safety Governance (ESG) overlay programs to support fundraising efforts for American Heart Association, Warrior Hike, and National Breast Cancer Foundation.
- Collaborate across functions and provide strategic counsel regarding current internal communication channels and distribution methods.
- Oversee social media strategy for Fujifilm Healthcare presence on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
- Insure content updates for certain Subsidiaries on Fujifilm Healthcare social media pages.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships and contacts with external medical experts and customers and identify marketing communication opportunities on behalf of business.
- Develop strategic messaging including client materials, case studies, webinar promotional materials and other marketing documents, and ensure compliance for all documents with brand and product guidelines.
- Coordinate with field sales training team to insure integration of Fujifilm Healthcare messaging in marketing and sales assessments.
Fiscal and Budgetary Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing a budget in excess of $3 million.
- Establish annual budget necessary to achieve the goals and expectations of the Department.
- Continued investigation of cost savings opportunities within the Department.
- As a shared service function investigate cost savings opportunities and efficiencies in the Americas Corporate Communication function.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing communications/public relations or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree in communications/public relations
- 15+ years of continual increased responsibility and experience in all aspects of Corporate Communications
- Knowledge/Background in FDA regulatory affairs for healthcare business as well as FTC regulations for all businesses.
- Ability to partner with Executive management and communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Experience managing communications plans in various life-cycle stages, including crisis communication. Ability to plan and coordinate complex and high-impact projects with varying and shifting priorities, superior organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong written and oral communications including presentation and influencing skills.
- Strong knowledge of all social media platforms.
- Ability to work in partnership with Senior Management to achieve the overall goals of the Americas Corporate Communications function.
- Demonstrate analytical and conceptual problem-solving ability.
- High level of social competence and excellent networking skills, and have strong relationship building and interpersonal skills.
- High degree of people skills to build solid interpersonal partnerships within Fujifilm Americas.
- Demonstrate ability to apply general business knowledge and experience in a complex, fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate ability to develop and lead execution of effective communication programs and plans both internally and externally across businesses.
FUJIFILM is an Equal Opportunity Employer and VEVRAA Federal Contractor. Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals. EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
FUJIFILM is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of FUJIFILM about this requisition. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at FUJIFILM via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of FUJIFILM, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by FUJIFILM for this requisition and a valid agreement with FUJIFILM is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the FUJIFILM agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.