Production Cell Technician
A local company that manufactures small gas turbine engines for military applications.Position Summary and Responsibilities
Performs a variety of Assembly, Production & R & D Testing, and Inspection operations involving the use of hand tools, precision measuring instruments and electronic instrumentation. Surface Preparation, Metal Finishing, Material Handling, Packaging and General Labor duties are also required. Non-Destructive Testing inspection personnel will require certification to Level II status in the Fluorescent Penetrant methods per NAS 410.
- Assembles, disassembles, and reassembles engines and/or sub-assemblies as required. Makes necessary modifications and/or repairs in order to meet the requirements for operation or support of operation.
- Starts and operates engine during testing according to ATP (Acceptance Test Procedure). Runs engine tests as required. Preserves and moves engine in and out of test cell.
- Sets up and operates dynamic and static balancing machines. Attaches permanent weights and/or removes the proper amount of metal from work-piece by prescribed means, but not limited to this or other techniques that may be required to achieve a properly balanced part.
- Complete a process, sub-assembly, and/or assembly timely and accurately and record activity in CAPPS as completed.
- Evaluate operator-generated documentation of in-process or final manufacturing/assembly operations for completeness, accuracy and compliance to company instructions.
- Must be able to read blueprints and schematics as well as be key board literate. Must be experienced in the proper use of hand tools, air tools and power tools.
- Mechanical inspection of complex machined parts, castings and Assemblies and evaluation of conformance to drawings or other guidelines in accordance with established sampling plans or SPC guidelines.
- Identification and documentation of non-conforming hardware conditions including specific details and extent of non-conformance.
- Apply identification markings to hardware according to company guidelines and procedures and complete company inspection documentation/records.
- Knowledgeable of standard Safety, Environmental and Health practices relating to the various operations performed in the Production Cell or Facility Test area. Be knowledgeable of ammonia hazards.
- Maintain established production standards.
- Record task/operation completion in CAPPS system as they are completed.
- Package engines and components as specified by operating instructions.
- Load and unload vehicles as required.
- Perform janitorial/general labor and other related duties as directed.
- Keep equipment and work area in a safe, clean, neat and orderly manner. Clean up work areas daily.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
High School Diploma or GED
Fork Lift Certifiable
Previous Job Experience:
Five (5) years Testing, Turbine Engine or Rig Assembly, Inspection, Machining, Deburr and Blend of stainless steel, inconel, aluminum and magnesium materials.Teledyne is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, protected Veteran Status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or call (805)373-4545. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.