Becoming a McLane teammate is to become part of an honest, stable, and reliable company with more than 125 years of success. We are looking for teammates with perseverance who will take the extra step for our customers, our community, and the company. In return, we will pay you well and offer you the opportunity to go as far in your career as you want to go.
Generous benefits such as medical, dental, and vision insurance and company-paid life insurance begin your 60th day.
Industry-leading 401(k) with annual company match starts on your 90th day.
Paid holidays, vacation time, educational assistance program, and more!
ABOUT THE JOB:
As a member of the Home Office team, the Gardener II is responsible for lawn care and grounds maintenance. They keep the overall conditions of the grounds looking its best.
- Mow and trim the lawns at least once a week and at times twice a week; mowing must be done quickly and neatly.
- Edge flower beds and trim trees; ensure they are taken care of as needed.
- Repair and maintain lawn and irrigation equipment as needed.
- Handle additional jobs related to grounds care and assist other departments.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Experience operating motorized equipment.
- Understand the use of motorized equipment, power tools, and manual tools.
- Able to lift up to 75 pounds.
Candidates may be subject to a background check and drug screen, in accordance with applicable laws.
McLane Company, Inc. is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law.