Linux/Unix Systems Administrator
KBRwyle (formerly Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies (SGT)) is seeking a Linux/Unix Systems Administrator to join our talented Land Processes DAAC (LP DAAC) team at the USGS EROS Center in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. KBRwyle is the primary contractor to the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) for performing work at the Earth Resources Observation and Science (EROS) Center (http://eros.usgs.gov/) near Sioux Falls, SD. (http://www.siouxfalls.org)
The primary responsibilities include installing, upgrading, and patching Linux / Unix operating systems; installing and configuring Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) packages; installing and configuring virtual servers; performing training and assisting customers (internal and external) with OS / COTS / custom application support issues; assisting with the installation / configuration / maintenance of RAID / SAN / storage units; performing aspects of system security, including OS hardening and patch installation; Applicant must be able to work independently or in a group environment, be capable of training users in applications, and writing documentation. This full-time position may require occasional travel. Excellent communication skills and proven team work / building are required for this position. The candidate must be able to integrate with a team of highly skilled Systems Administrators and other Information Technology staff.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Technology, Engineering, preferred.
Years of Experience: Minimum of 3-6 years of directly related technical, professional experience required.
- Systems Administration experience managing complex and distributed infrastructures.
- Experience on the Linux platform and Unix-based infrastructures
- Experience with deploying, supporting, and troubleshooting both networking and system hardware.
- An understanding of CI/CD, orchestration, IaaS, PaaS, and similar technologies and concepts
- VMware; creation, management, administration and maintenance of ESXi hosts and VMs.
- Knowledge to maintain user configurations, registrations, passwords, resources, and distribution lists.
- Investigate, provide analysis, and document assigned Jira cards in accordance with project-approved Configuration Management (CM) processes.
- Install, configure, maintain, and periodically audit the Commercial Off-The-Shelf/Government Off-The-Shelf (COTS/GOTS) packages requested/required by the Project and update the system documentation accordingly.
- Proactively look for updates to COTS/GOTS packages and communicate or recommend updates to the appropriate staff.
- Ensure the integrity of data and ensure that backup recovery systems are reliable.
- Ensure that all systems and networks comply with USGS computer and network security requirements.
- Assist the Project with testing as necessary for software releases.
- Research and remediation of security vulnerabilities
- Provide and maintain current documentation of UNIX systems, server configurations, administrative tools, and procedures for implementation/adaptation of products and services.
- Experience with AWS and its services including but not limited to: EC2, ECS, S3, Lambda, Cloud Formation
- Understanding of shared network storage, NFS, Redhat Gluster
- Experience with modern virtualization/containerization and deployment technologies (e.g. Docker containers, Kubernetes)
- Understanding of DevOps principles, concepts, solutions, and design methodologies
- Basic troubleshooting knowledge of complex networks using multiple platforms
- Scripting (bash, shell, perl, python, etc.)
The candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a national agency check and background investigation after hire to obtain a badge for facility access and user accounts.
This position will be posted to the career opportunities listing on the SGT website (http://www.sgt-inc.com). This position may be filled by a KBRwyle teammate on the TSSC Contract. Please apply on line.
SGT is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/m/f/disabled/veteran.