Apartment Maintenance Technician
Michelson Realty Company is looking for an experienced Maintenance Technician to work at one of its premiere apartment communities in San Antonio, TX Candidate must have a good work ethic, positive attitude, and be fluent in English. Candidate without apartment maintenance experience or equivalent trade experience will not be considered. We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package, including a 401(k).
The Maintenance Technician’s primary responsibility is to ensure all resident work orders are completed in a timely and accurate manner and to assist the Maintenance Supervisor with other maintenance requirements/projects at the property.
· Electrical - Installs electrical conduit, wiring, switching devices, controls, outlets, fixtures, motors, and other such equipment. Also must be able to adjust, repair, and replace electrical relays.
· Appliance - Includes repair, replacement, and installation of major household appliances such as refrigerators, dishwashers, stoves, washer and dryers, hot water tanks, and air conditioners.
· Plumbing - Includes repair, replacement, and installation of faucets, pipes, hot water tanks, toilets, garbage disposals, dishwater, and washing machines
· Must be able to complete work orders and repairs in a timely and accurate manner based on priority.
· Perform light landscaping and grounds keeping work as needed.
· Train to be able to step into a Maintenance Supervisor role.
· Minimum one year experience in multi-housing maintenance work, which involves HVAC, electrical, and plumbing.
· HVAC Certification and experience is highly preferred
· Must be able to supply own tools.
· Must be a self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision or in a team environment.
· Ability to work evenings, weekends, on-call, and holidays as needed.
· Successfully pass a drug test and background screening
· Must be fluent in English