Analyst III-V GC/MS Semi VOA
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures (as of March 2019) are approx. 4.56 billion Euros, over 800 laboratories across 47 countries and about 45,000 staff.Job Description
Eurofins Test America is searching for an Analyst III-V in Sacramento, CA.
The Analyst III-V prepares and analyzes environmental samples according to scientific and EPA methodology in compliance with TestAmerica’s Quality Assurance programs and SOP’s. Selects approaches for analysis of hazardous materials and complex matrices. Assists clients with technical questions and testing methods. Must be skilled with sophisticated and complex laboratory instruments and software. Must be experienced in method modification and special testing requests. Reports and interprets data for client samples by performing a broad range of analyses using independent selection and adaptation of methods and techniques. Validates and reviews data for accuracy through Level I and II reviews. Uploads laboratory data into LIMS system to generate data packages for submittal to clients. Schedules sample workload according to due dates and sample hold times. Must be knowledgeable of a broad range of laboratory testing equipment requiring the exercise of discretion and judgment in its operation.
Analyst V responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Performs laboratory procedures requiring advanced knowledge of scientific methods and testing procedures including:
o Batching and prepping samples for analysis taking into account special and varied client and QA requirements
o Making reagents for sample analysis
o Aliquots extracted samples to maximize laboratory productivity
o Preparing appropriate standards to ensure compliant data
o Determining appropriate analysis methods for a wide variety of organic and inorganic samples using both routine and complex matrices
o Operation, calibration, and maintenance of laboratory instruments
o Scheduling priority of samples to be analyzed to meet deadlines and maintain sample integrity
• Uploads data into LIMS system to provide Reporting Department with the necessary information to produce data packages.
• Performs Level I review of data to ensure compliance with scientific methods and SOP’s.
• Maintains logbooks.
• Monitors refrigerator temperatures
• Responsible for performing job functions within TestAmerica EHS and QA standards.
• Maintains housekeeping standards for work area.
• Inventories and stocks laboratory supplies.
• Performs Level II review of data to finalize data for PM’s and clients.
• Record retention of finalized data.
• Updates supervisors and PM’s on sample status and analysis issues.
• Consults with PM’s and clients to clarify nomenclature and analysis results.
• Orders supplies.
• Washes and inventories glassware.
• Writes NCM’s for projects with QA issues.
• Purges analyzed samples.
• Assists in training new analysts on laboratory procedures.
• Assists in other areas of laboratory when needed.
• Attends month EHS meetings to stay current with industry safety and waste disposal methods.
• Assists with obtaining required licenses and permits as needed.
• Performs area safety inspections.
The ideal candidate would possess:
• Analytical and/or General Science
• Knowledge of scientific methods and method compliance
• Strong mathematics background
• Knowledge of Standard Operating Procedures
• Operating and calibrating laboratory instruments
• Skilled with computers and laboratory software
• Advanced knowledge of laboratory procedures
• Laboratory safety rules and chemical hazards
• Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
• Strong leadership, initiative, and teambuilding skills
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Sacramento, CA are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com.Qualifications
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
• BS/BA degree in chemistry or related field.; 3 years laboratory experience may substitute for degree.
• Minimum 3-10 years’ experience in laboratory, preferably in a production environment
• Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorshipAdditional Information
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.