Senior Manager, Finance
Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you’re looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
As the Senior Manager, Finance, you will serve as the primary contact for district financial and operating performance while developing solutions and strategies in complicated or unique situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you’re looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Serve as primary financial and analytical contact for district operations
- Provide financial support and guidance to achieve service center, and district financial and operational objectives
- Work closely with the district management teams and site operations to identify, measure, and track Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) with stack ranking of top and bottom performing locations
- Conduct variance analyses on labor, maintenance, fuel, and discretionary accounts to identify and mitigate known gaps
- Develop forecasts and budgets for service centers, districts, and region of responsibility
- Work creatively with multiple business functions such as Operations, Sales and Pricing to identify and support revenue growth and cost saving opportunities
- Evaluate financial issues and provide necessary solutions and recommendations; conduct and interpret complex research to evaluate alignment with the business strategy
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related work or military experience
- 5 years of progressive experience in financial analysis, financial/strategic planning, accounting, or budgeting
- Experience evaluating systems of internal control
- Experience with Microsoft Office with advanced Excel skills, including creating complex formulas; ability to perform database collection and use software programs to gather data for modeling
- Thorough knowledge of financial monitoring and control, and general ledger and accounts payable processes and procedures
- Availability to travel up to 75% of the time
It’d be great if you also have:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Finance/Accounting or Business Administration
- CPA, CMA, CFA or applicable professional designation
- Experience in logistics, transportation, warehousing, or distribution
- Experience developing and preparing capital and operating budgets
- Ability to monitor budgets and identify problem areas; conduct research into causes and corrective actions, and make appropriate recommendations
- Ability to think critically and leverage available resources to troubleshoot reporting issues and data anomalies
Be part of something big.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills for this job classification.
Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.