Facilities Project Manager
PK Management LLC, a leading property management company in the multi-housing industry, has an opening for a full-time Facilities Manager’s (5 plus years of experience required, HVAC and Electrical beneficial, but not required). We are seeking a self-motivated and career-minded individual to join our team. Professional and friendly work environment. Salary commensurate with experience. Great benefits including health, life, vacation and 401K! Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Summary The Facilities Manager oversees all maintenance activities and handles all of the real estate contracts and construction projects, ensuring that all operations are in compliance with the Occupational Safety Health Administration (OSHA) and HUD’s Uniform Physical Condition Standards (UPCS).
The Facilities Manager’s main focus will be overseeing all of the firm's external vendors, he/she supervises any and all construction projects over $20K. The FM also advises senior management on workplace safety, ensuring that the organization remains in compliance with OSHA regulations. Liaising with the local fire department(s), the FM administers all fire safety policies and procedures, ensures property compliance with HUD’s Uniform Physical Condition Standards (UPCS) and HUD’s Real Estate Assessment Center (REAC). This position operates within and contributes to an environment in compliance with Fair Housing laws and Equal Employment Opportunity. Qualifications/Requirements
Education: High School Diploma/GED required; College Degree preferred
Work Experience: 5 plus years of experience required.
Licenses/Certifications: HVAC, Electrical (beneficial but not required)
· Serves a liaison with city, county, and state as it relates to fire and occupational safety.
· Prepares plans, scopes, specs, material lists and collects estimates for all capital projects at $20K or above (or as directed by the VP) and assures timely completion and satisfactory contractor performance. This will require extensive communication with contractors from different trades via phone and email.
· Manages high rise HVAC control systems and ensures annual testing, monitoring and maintenance.
· Maintains and enforces all applicable OSHA programs including annual updates to the sites’ MSDS binders.
· Assists with all property acquisitions/dispositions relative to inspections, planning and project coordination.
· Responsible for the planning and preparation for property REAC inspections including but not limited to “pre-REAC” inspections, coordination of necessary repairs/replacements, and coordination of contractors or employee assistance.
· Assists with hiring and training maintenance staff in assigned region.
· Ensures that all properties are in compliance and works with local municipalities to cure any Notice of Violations.
· Manages Preventative Maintenance contracts at all assigned properties including HVAC, landscaping, elevator, snow removal etc.
· Tracks any annual inspections (elevator, boiler, fire sprinkler, etc.) to make sure properties complete before the due date.
· Travel to properties for contractor meetings and inspections – 50%
· Assist Facilities Department with insurance claims by working with contractors and the insurance broker to ensure claim is completed timely.
· Other responsibilities as assigned/needed.
Skills and Abilities
- Maintenance/Mechanical Skills – Training in mechanical and electrical systems.
- Analytical Skills – ability to analyze and pull critical information from property acquisition reports, contractor estimates, and insurance claim documents.
- Communication/Language Skills – ability to communicate effectively with all staff levels, residents, and vendors; ability to translate complex information into Layman terms and train property staff/management when necessary.
- Computer Skills – Outlook, MS Excel, MS Word, Internet Explorer
- Written Communication Skills – must be able to effectively complete bid packages by detailing the scope of work for each contractor bid onto the Bid Summary Sheet. Also must be able to communicate clearly and effectively through email.
- Coordinating Skills – ability to coordinate with several trades across multiple projects simultaneously while provide “apples to apples” bid packages for Capital projects.
- Leadership Skills – proactive leader who works well without close supervision; works well as a member of a leadership team with the ability to motivate and lead staff providing them with the direction and training that is necessary for them to succeed.
- Other Skills – confidentiality, customer service, decision-making, patience, respect, and teamwork.