Account Manager -- high-end commercial landscaping
Our client is a locally-headquartered, second-generation commercial landscape contractor founded on hard work, dedication, passion, integrity and family values. Covering client needs across the Triangle and the Triad, this company is among the Top 5 percent of revenue-producing landscape companies in the US.
At this moment, our client is looking for a strong, experienced operational leader with a healthy dose of sales savviness. A solid base salary is available, along with variable compensation/bonuses for new and/or additional work acquired.
If this sounds like you, please read on!
Summary of the Position
Reporting to the Vice President, this position oversees the operations and overall production of your maintenance book of accounts while assisting with some of the enhancements working with both the commercial landscape division and the construction division. Hours may fluctuate seasonally but are generally 6:45 a.m. to when the crew returns at the end of the day (approx. 4:30/5:30 p.m.); occasionally night and weekend hours.
- Responsible for scheduling work
- Work with and oversee maintenance crews by leading, directing, evaluating each position; hands on when necessary
- Train team members for maximum efficiency on procedures, patterns, and productivity.
- Work on plans, policies, and procedures to improve production.
- Work with mechanic on issues of concerns and making sure we have the equipment needed to perform work in the field.
- Property inspections and completing reports while walking property to help production with quality.
- Accountability reports are to be completed daily for sales prospects and follow up tracking for all sites visited.
- Ensures the production hours are being met and adjustments are made to assure a quality product is being provided to the clients.
- Check property inspection for completions.
- Adjust and monitor irrigation
- Talk to managers when on-site to provide additional customer service (i.e. concerns, bid opportunities, and/or referrals)
- Collect flower orders
- Oversees Equipment and Truck maintenance. Trucks to be inspected one per week and check equipment requirements per sheet and maintenance is being performed on scheduled days.
- Monitor or report any problems to the mechanic and Vice President of Operations in written form verbal communication is not acceptable; must have written documentation.
- Work with the management team on route and time saving opportunities.
- Oversee duties to be performed in the field spraying, fertilizing, and flower care including water, fertilizer, fungicide, and replacements as needed.
- Assist in monitoring the chemicals on the crews and in the chemical room to ensure proper labeling and usage.
Non- Essential Functions
- Runs a crew when necessary
- Assist with time clocks
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Frequent contact with management, vendors, team members, and customers.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent leadership skills
- Ability to inspire top tier performance and build effective work teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exhibit initiative, responsibility, and flexibility
- Ability to delegate and follow-up
- Problem solving skills
- Results and action oriented
- Service minded and team oriented
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to interact with customers and co-workers in a professional manner
- Attention to detail
- Technically competent and skilled
- Bachelor s Degree in Horticulture/Turf Management preferred
- 5+ years directly relevant landscape experience
- 3+ years of Supervisory experience
- Mechanical aptitude
- Knowledge of computer applications (Microsoft Office Suite, desired)
- Current, valid driver's license
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, stoop, bend over, and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is often performed outdoors, exposed to all weather conditions and includes exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable. Requires working in very hot (above 90 F degrees) or very cold (below 32 F degrees) temperatures and includes exposure to contaminants. Job tasks are performed in close physical proximity to other people.
Please apply today! Our client needs you!
Associated topics: business, commercial, director, housing assistant, housing property, lead, luxury, manager iii, property manager, supervisor