Groundskeeper- Trilogy Cameron Village
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following but are not limited to the job specifications contained herein. Additional duties or job functions that can be performed safely may be required as deemed necessary by supervisory personnel.
Grounds and Landscaping
- Responsible for meticulous upkeep of grounds, amenities, building exteriors, and parking lots.
- Remove trash from office areas and apartment perimeter on a daily basis.
- Cleans grounds and removes litter.
- Responsible for daily upkeep of the property buildings and grounds which includes cleaning and removing of trash.
- Care for trees, shrubs, and flowers by watering, pruning, fertilizing, mulching, and controlling weeds.
- Plant shrubs and vegetation.
- Responsible for maintaining the required property uniform and ensuring a professional appearance and attitude at all times.
- Responsible for courteous, efficient response at all times.
- Responsible for thorough knowledge of management company policies and property policies.
- Report any maintenance concerns for repairs on available apartments, models, clubhouse, and/or common areas to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Assist with the inspection, repair, and installation of sprinkler systems.
- Assist Maintenance Supervisor in diagnosing and solving maintenance issues in the apartment homes, exterior and common areas ranging from plumbing, electrical, general carpentry, appliances, HVAC, and pool.
- Operate tools and equipment according to prescribed safety procedures.
- Be aware of and operate within OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Act) standards and company safety policies at all times
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties, including lifting, climbing, etc.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to supervisor immediately.
- Help keep equipment, and tools in safe operating condition.
- Inspect and adjust tools and equipment for safety and efficiency and perform preventive maintenance as needed.
- The Supervisor or his/her designee may assign other duties and accountabilities limited to those consistent with the applicable job function and pay grade
Tractor and mower, riding and power mower, gas-powered weed trimmer, blower, edger, sprayer, striping machine, garden and hand tools, posthole auger, and aerator. Light truck or van.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or five to nine months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Inventory software and Order processing systems.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required continual walking, standing, climbing, stooping, bending, kneeling, reaching, and heavy lifting and carrying. Work outside and around moving objects or vehicles.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- This is a drug-free workplace.