Tax Director - Private Equity
With over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 associates in major metropolitan areas and suburban cities throughout the U.S. CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) delivers top-level financial and employee business services to organizations of all sizes, as well as individual clients, by providing national-caliber expertise combined with highly personalized service delivered at the local level.
CBIZ has been honored to be the recipient of several national recognitions:
- 2020 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services by Great Place to Work®
- 2020 Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval by the Alliance for Workplace Excellence
- Top 101 2020 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation
- 2020 Healthiest 100 Workplace in America
- 2021 Top Workplaces USA
CBIZ & MHM New England (formerly CBIZ Tofias) is part of the 10th largest accounting*, tax, and advisory services provider in the nation. Our two New England offices are located in Boston and Providence and have over 200 people, including over 35 Managing Directors. We uniquely combine national resources with local decision-making by experienced, New England-based professionals who are dedicated to strengthening our clients' financial positions. Our specialists, skilled in accounting and auditing, tax, and a range of consulting services, are dedicated to supporting the growth and success of our clients. We serve private and public companies in more than a dozen industries; sophisticated not-for-profit organizations; and high net worth individuals and family groups.
We are currently seeking an experienced Tax Director (Partner) who will have the opportunity to help lead our fast growing Private Equity practice for the New England Business Unit.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Serve as client’s trusted advisor, demonstrates knowledge of industry trends, identify client issues and conflicts; proactively communicate solution options to client and team
- Manage staff on engagement deliverables (such as financial statements, tax returns, work papers, etc.); complete technical and strategic reviews as a member of the final engagement review team to ensure quality control standards are met; ensure on time delivery and on budget
- Demonstrate proficient technical skills for handling all client responsibilities, including knowledge of trends, industries, alternatives, etc.
- Understand the client’s organization, procedures and internal policies
- Responsible for new client development in partnership with upper management; participate in client meetings, presentations and proposal development and meet individual cross serve
- Manage and retain multiple client relationships, engagements and special projects
- Develop overall engagement budget
- Consistently meet charge hour goals
- Responsible for billing and realization on assigned clients; explain variances
- Supervise, train and mentor staff; listen and communicate effectively
- Foster a team environment; demonstrates support of management and decisions and build a positive culture
- Participate in practice development activities that lead to the generation of new business and the opportunities for cross-serves
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- BA or BS in Accounting, Finance or Business preferred
- MST preferred
- CPA certification required
- 8+ years of tax compliance experience within a public accounting firm
- Comprehensive tax consulting experience and demonstrated expertise in taxation and knowledge of federal and state tax laws and regulation
- An ability to effectively present information and appropriately respond to questions from clients and team members
- A track record of successful new business development experience a plus
- Excellent analytical, supervisory, organizational, and written and verbal communication skills necessary
- Experience and continued interest in developing and mentoring junior team members
- Proficiency in MS Word, Outlook and Excel required.
- Experience with ProSystem FX Engagement preferred
- Ability to travel as required by business
- Graduate or specialty degree preferred
- 8 years’ experience
- 6 years supervisory experience (if applicable)
- Ability to manage deadlines, work on multiple assignments and prioritize each assignment as necessary
- Proficient use of applicable technology
- Demonstrated ability to communicate
- Bachelor’s degree required
If you are a qualified individual with a disability you may request reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by calling 844-558-1414 (toll free) or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
CBIZ is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer and reviews applications for employment without regard to the applicant’s race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, gender identity, marital status, military status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition or any other reason prohibited by law. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit these following pages EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement.