Director of Human Resources - The Westin Princeville
Vistana Company Overview
Vistana™ Signature Experiences, Inc. an operating business of Marriott Vacations Worldwide develops, owns, markets and operates upper-upscale villa resorts, offering ownership and rental opportunities. Vistana is the exclusive provider of vacation ownership for the Sheraton and Westin brands and an authorized partner of the Starwood Preferred Guest program. Through the Vistana Signature Network™ (VSN), our Owners can transform the way they travel - enjoying the flexibility to vacation when they want, where they want, how they want. Vistana™ Signature Experiences offers exciting and rewarding career opportunities in inspiring destinations from majestic Maui to the snow peaked mountains of Avon/Vail. If you’re passionate about selling, supporting, or communicating a unique vacation lifestyle, we’re passionate about you becoming part of the Vistana family. For more information, please visit: https://www.vistana.com.
Westin Princeville Ocean Resort - 3838 Wyllie Rd, Princeville, HI 96722
The Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas lies along a lush cliff resting two hundred feet above the Pacific Ocean on the north shore of Kaua'i. The Westin Princeville is an upscale Resort which provides a thoughtfully designed experience making the healthiest The Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas lies along a lush cliff resting two hundred feet above the Pacific Ocean on the north shore of Kaua'i. The Westin Princeville is an upscale Resort which provides a thoughtfully designed experience making the healthiest choices irresistibly appealing.
A welcoming oasis to the savvy traveler, every innovative service aims to help guests thrive so they feel better than when they arrived: A truly restorative sleep in the world-renowned Heavenly® Bed, a Spa-like invigoration with the Heavenly® Bath, healthful indulgence from SuperFoodsRx menus and energizing exercise with WestinWORKOUT®. Westin ensures guests are well rested, well nourished and well cared for.
Responsible for short and long term planning and management of the Human Resources function. Recommend the department’s budget and manage expenses within approved budget constraints. Major areas of responsibility/ management include, but are not limited to, employment, wage and salary administration, benefits, training, employee/labor relations, organizational development and payroll. Work closely with General Manager in implementing, achieving and maintaining the hotel’s and Vistana Signature Experience goals and objectives. Participate in total hotel management as a member of the hotel Executive Committee.
- Establish and implement annual objectives for the Human Resources Department, including a departmental mission statement. Establish, maintain and ensure adherence to all personnel-related policies and procedures. Respond in courteous, professional and rapid manner in order to resolve all guest and staff difficulties. Apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems in order to perform and direct many varied and complex tasks. Interact with employees and guests beyond giving and receiving instructions, emphasizing relationships with supervisor, subordinates, co-workers and guests in completing assignments. Resolve staff and guest complaints.
- Develop, direct and oversee overall hotel recruitment and hiring activities strategies for all exempt and non-exempt positions. Support and uphold hotel philosophy concerning hiring, employee relations, supervision and disciplinary action. Directly facilitate, in conjunction with hotel managers, open employee communications to discern grievances and to respond to those grievances in all appropriate manners, including redressing those meriting correction. Assist in recruitment and interviewing of candidates for all executive positions; conduct wage/salary/benefit surveys of the local market and recommend enhancements of the hotel’s compensation
- Provide hotel-wide communication vehicles and interact in courteous and professional manner with all guests, staff and community members. Supervise, direct, coordinate, influence and persuade staff in order to maintain service standards of hotel. Maintain safety and cleanliness of work areas and employee areas, including, but not limited to, the employee cafeteria and locker rooms.
- Develop, maintain and coordinate hotel training programs that provide for specific skills training and management/supervisory development, including anti-harassment and anti-discrimination training. Direct and coordinate human resources activities to hire, train, develop, empower, coach, and counsel. Direct administration of performance appraisals in all departments. Maintain hotel’s human resources information system so as to provide accurate employee records that comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Monitor hotel’s compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Oversee and investigate all employee relations and labor-related matters as they relate to federal, state and local employment and civil rights laws, including, but not limited to, Title VII, ADA, ADEA, FMLA, FLSA, Equal Pay Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, workers’ compensation and comparable state and local laws, and general human and civil rights. Must be familiar with applicable collective bargaining agreements and relevant local labor union(s). Maintain and administer employment, wage and salary, benefit, OSHA, ERISA, ADA and incentive programs (where applicable).
- Participate in the budget process as it relates to staffing, productivity, benefit costs, and employee/labor relations costs. Provide guidelines, direction and support in the administration of the disciplinary process. Prepare and maintain operating budget. Monitor staff turnover and recommend changes and improvements.
- Serve as member of the Executive Committee and work closely with all Executive Team members in supporting and achieving the hotel’s goals and objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree required or equivalent education/experience required
- Three to five years of extensive human resources management experience (one to two years of management). Line operations management and labor related experience preferred.
- Possess advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within all resort disciplines, including knowledge for management of people and complex problems.
- Ability to supervise, train and motivate multiple levels of managers
- Ability to maintain compliance with all local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of computer accounting programs, math skills as well as budgetary analysis capabilities required.
- Must be able to communicate (speak, read, write and understand) the primary language utilized within the workplace
- Must possess basic computational ability.
We celebrate the diversity of people, ideas and cultures. We believe our differences are what make us better – a better place to work, a better place to grow, enabling a better way to see the world. We are fully committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, veteran's status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. The Company complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodation for disabled employees and applicants.