Manager of Culture & Guest Experience - The Westin Princeville
Vistana Company Overview
Vistana™ Signature Experiences, Inc. an operating business of Marriott Vacations Worldwide develops, owns, markets and operates upper-upscale villa resorts, offering ownership and rental opportunities. Vistana is the exclusive provider of vacation ownership for the Sheraton and Westin brands and an authorized partner of the Starwood Preferred Guest program. Through the Vistana Signature Network™ (VSN), our Owners can transform the way they travel - enjoying the flexibility to vacation when they want, where they want, how they want. Vistana™ Signature Experiences offers exciting and rewarding career opportunities in inspiring destinations from majestic Maui to the snow peaked mountains of Avon/Vail. If you’re passionate about selling, supporting, or communicating a unique vacation lifestyle, we’re passionate about you becoming part of the Vistana family. For more information, please visit: https://www.vistana.com.
Westin Princeville Ocean Resort - 3838 Wyllie Rd, Princeville, HI 96722
The Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas lies along a lush cliff resting two hundred feet above the Pacific Ocean on the north shore of Kaua'i. The Westin Princeville is an upscale Resort which provides a thoughtfully designed experience making the healthiest The Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas lies along a lush cliff resting two hundred feet above the Pacific Ocean on the north shore of Kaua'i. The Westin Princeville is an upscale Resort which provides a thoughtfully designed experience making the healthiest choices irresistibly appealing.
A welcoming oasis to the savvy traveler, every innovative service aims to help guests thrive so they feel better than when they arrived: A truly restorative sleep in the world-renowned Heavenly® Bed, a Spa-like invigoration with the Heavenly® Bath, healthful indulgence from SuperFoodsRx menus and energizing exercise with WestinWORKOUT®. Westin ensures guests are well rested, well nourished and well cared for.
To provide leadership for an “Industry Best” in area of Hawaiian Cultural and the overall Guest Experience Program that creates value for our owners and guests and offers a balance of engaging, unique, memorable and compelling activities for all age groups. Whenever possible, integrate Hawaiian history, culture, language, customs and sense of place into guest experiences throughout the resort as well as into staff trainings and communication platforms. Be a resource for the resort as the Hawaiian language and culture expert.
Manager will help develop and direct a balanced and varied program of recreational activities, on site experiences and special events for children and adults. Ensures unique, distinctive and engaging activities are consistently implemented, integrated with Hawaiian culture through leadership of a dynamic team and collaboration with other operations departments. Position charged with impacting the overall customer experience as measured by positive guest experience index score growth. Responsible for budgeting, financial accountability and tracking of expenditures and revenues associated with Activities and Kid’s Club departments and experiences created.
- Develop, implement and maintain programs that integrate Hawaiian culture, language and customs into guest experiences as well as associate trainings and communication platforms. Design and conduct classes for our owners, guests, line and management staff. Work with all levels of the organization to incorporate the Hawaiian values & Olelo Hawaii into the daily operations. Develop and coordinate Hawaiian crafter programs, organize and lead all Hawaiian holiday or protocol events. Actively handle guest opportunities, and participate and support the sales efforts via familiarization tours and site inspections
- Planning, organizing and at times leading activities within the resort which include children’s programs, adult activities, special events, conference recreation and holiday programs.
- Guest service and assistance related to activity programs as well as general needs for information and direction. Communicating and promotion guest activities and resort special event programs to owners and guests.
- Maintain and oversee all recreation areas i.e. the clubhouse, playgrounds, pool and any other areas used for activities, ensuring adequate levels of all supplies throughout all recreational areas, including calendars and flyers. Maintain assigned equipment, report maintenance issues to the appropriate Director and/or managers as needed.
- Collaborating and coordinating as needed with other resort departments on activities and events.
- Partner with Manager of Fun in directing and training activity coordinators and Kid’s Club Counselors and also be able to coach and counsel associates as seen as needed.
- Assumes accountability and responsibility for any and all other functions delegated by the Director of Operations or General Manager.
- Bachelor Degree in Hawaiian Studies, Travel/Hospitality or related field or equivalent and relevant experience.
- Two years hotel experience or experience working in a recreational setting preferred.
- One year experience managing staff of 4 or more individuals
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain any government required licenses, certificates or permits.
- First Aid, CPR, AED. Lifeguard or Water Safety certification is helpful.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language (English) used in the workplace.
We celebrate the diversity of people, ideas and cultures. We believe our differences are what make us better – a better place to work, a better place to grow, enabling a better way to see the world. We are fully committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, veteran's status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. The Company complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodation for disabled employees and applicants.