Legal Forwarding Representative
LEGAL FORWARDING REP.
1ST Shift (8:30am-5:00pm) Mon - Fri
Review subrogation files for collectability through the means of litigation. Secure counsel and actively monitor and guide the file throughout litigation to post judgment. Handle uninsured motorist subrogation claims for which the responsible party has secured counsel.
Sedentary Work: Lifting 10 lbs. Maximum and occasionally lifting and//or carrying such articles as dockets, ledgers and small tools. Although a sedentary job is defined as one which involves sitting a certain amount of walking and standing is often necessary in carrying out job duties. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and other sedentary criteria are met
• Assign attorneys and set account for proper workflow.
• Review and create legal file for forwarding to outside counsel.
• Maintain appropriate queue (route) effectively.
• Direct handling of attorney represented files-securing payment plans and settlements based on the clients’ parameters, handling disputes.
• Client/Attorney contact.
• Resolving issues fairly for settlements and closures.
• Promptly identify legal issues and ensure quick and proper resolution.
• PC experience/preferably Microsoft Excel.
• Typing skills of at least 40 WPM.
• Excellent customer service and organizational skills.
• Negotiation and analytical skills, and ability to multitask.
• Experience in the Insurance/Subrogation Industry, paralegal background and/or strong Subrogation Collections experience.
• Liability analysis and legal terminology testing required during interview.
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• Paralegal degree preferred.
Qualified Applicants may be subject to pre-employment drug and background screening.