Warehouse Delivery Driver
As a part of our growth LKQ is looking for a dedicated and passionate individual that will cross train and work as a Delivery Driver & Warehouse Associate. Daily tasks may include operating a Company vehicle to deliver product to customers, manually load and unload the delivery truck, verify that all parts are loaded and unloaded, collect payments from customers, obtain signatures from receiving locations confirming accuracy of parts received, deliver returned items back to the branch, general labor, warehouse maintenance, and use of a pallet jack, hand truck, or forklift. If you have six months driving experience, an excellent driving record, weekends off, looking for growth, and working with happy, enthusiastic individuals, you'll enjoy a career with us!
Essential Job Duties:
- Drives a Company vehicle in a safe, courteous and responsible manner.
- Physically loads Company truck at the branch and verifies the condition of the truck, the manifest and other paperwork associated with the deliveries to be made.
- Drives to the delivery destination, confirms order with customer, unloads and verifies product, obtains confirmation signature and payment from customer.
- Makes proper notations on the manifest and provides receipts on parts being returned from customers to the branch.
- Picks up buy out purchase orders from vendors on vendor "fill in" purchase orders and delivers parts back to the branch or customer.
- Collects accounts receivable, as necessary.
- Record receipts to appropriate forms and/or log books.
- Verify that proper documentation is attached
- Works in such a manner as to prevent shortages and damage to products.
- Complies with established Company policies and procedures.
- Load, unload, pick, put away, consolidate, stack and stage products and materials using a forklift, pallet jack, or other power equipment
- Follow specific work instructions and best practices to safely and accurately complete daily work assignments and record indirect time in a timely manner
- Support all operational processes and procedures to ensure value to the customer and compliance with all LKQ policies, customer requirements and federal/state/local regulations
- Assists with physical inventories and cycle counts, ensuring proper stock rotation
- Inspect each pallet and or case for proper quantities, items brands, and lot codes (as applicable) damages and follow any special instructions on Work Assignment Form and /or additional documentation
- Communicate problems, concerns and ideas to management. Identify process improvements.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area
- Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse. Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety.
- Participate in all assigned training programs and adhere to all guidelines
- Perform forklift duties, and learn to containerize basic loads.
- Develop and maintain excellent customer service to internal and external customers always.
- Assist in various warehouse maintenance tasks, including sweeping floors, storing equipment, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience: High School graduate or G.E.D. equivalent preferred. Some college coursework is desired. Minimum of six months driving and warehouse operations experience. Possess a valid driver's license and safe driving record. Driving history must meet and maintain qualification for Corporate safety program. Must meet Department of Transportation (DOT) testing and physical requirements and be knowledgeable of DOT regulations when/as required. Minimum 21 years of age.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Knowledge of replacement parts for the aftermarket collision repair industry desired. Ability to quickly learn and become proficient with the Company's warehouse and delivery methods, techniques and procedures. Possess the ability to perform basic math calculations, interpret road maps, effectively communicate with customers/peers/supervisors and proficiently use smartphone and/or tablet. Must be attentive to detail and ensure accuracy in work assignments. Knowledge of and ability to operate a forklift and meet medium level physical exertion requirements. It is also important that you display a positive, helpful demeanor, and a commitment to providing the best in customer service
Essential Physical Demands/Work Environment: This position requires sitting, standing, walking, lifting, pushing, pulling, bending, climbing and ascending/descending stairs. Requires sitting for relatively long periods of time, while driving. It also requires frequent bending, climbing, movement and lifting of up to 75 pounds during physical loading/unloading of trucks and when stocking products.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, as well as an office environment. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is moderately loud. Should not have any lifting restrictions and must not be afraid of heights. Should be able to tolerate high and low temperature levels and occasional inclement driving conditions. The work schedule is typically Monday through Friday but on occasion may include weekends.