Maintenance Technician 1
Employee is responsible for day to day maintenance and upkeep of plant grounds, facilities, offices and DAF unit. This includes but is not limited to all maintenance operations on and away from the production floor. This role will conduct daily preventative maintenance inspections as well as assigned tasks as needed. Operation of DAF will require understanding of use of chemical additions to control waste water discharge of BOD, TSS, & FOG. Additional use of computers and analytical testing will be requiredResponsibilities
(To perform this job successfully as trained, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned)
- Repair and/or replaces plant equipment or systems on a schedule or emergency basis.
- Performs preventative maintenance activities as required.
- Performs basic maintenance on office, grounds and facility equipment as needed.
- Assist with new installations and other projects as assigned by supervisor.
- Consistently works in a safe manner.
- Maintains safe and compliant operation of Dissolved Air Flotation (DAF) system.
- Performs other duties as required by supervisor and / or manager.
- Maintains presentable upkeep of plant grounds and surroundings.
- Frequent use of computer systems
- Performs routine bench top analytical tests and use of typical testing equipment
- Works with waste water chemistry and processes
Smithfield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.