Property Management Account Coordinator
Weichert Property Management is hiring a Property Management Account Coordinator to work in their Morris Plains, NJ Office. The Property Management Account Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the home management services of the WPM client portfolio. The position works in conjunction with the Field Property Manager and accounting team and communicates directly with the homeowner and tenant. The Coordinator oversees repairs and maintenance of the client property to provide excellent customer service. The position also works directly with the accounting team to ensure accuracy of financial transactions and provide assistance to customer ledger inquiries.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Acts as the primary point of contact for administering work orders and coordinating repairs or maintenance to client portfolios.
- Manages the Company's call center to respond timely to incoming inquiries.
- Provides continuing support to the Field Property Manager, homeowner and tenant. Maintains regular contact throughout the property management process.
- Facilitates the leasing and caring of properties by managing vendor relations and system administration of activities.
- Coordinates the tenant application/screening process and facilitates recommendation regarding the selection of qualified tenants.
- Assists in tracking and drafting of lease renewal documents in coordination with homeowner, tenant, field manager, and real estate agent.
- Manages collection of rent and other obligations from tenants who are occupying the client's home, and oversees the proper posting of debits and credits to homeowner accounts. Prepares monthly accounting statements for the client's review and resolves any discrepancies the client may have.
- Obtains bids and approvals for any repairs or improvements deemed necessary. Responds to and ensures completion of all emergency repair work.
- Maintains schedule of routine services for client's home (i.e., pool or spa maintenance, landscaping, snow removal, etc.). Routinely follows up with owner, field manager and vendor to make sure services are complete and handles issues that may come up in the absence of the homeowner.
- Manages ongoing charges for management fees, as well as payments for mortgages, association fees, taxes, insurance, utilities, and other services in a timely manner and as per contract obligations. Ensures late fees are invoiced correctly as relevant. Resolves discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Maintains accurate and timely written account summary of activity in the file along with detailed notation.
- Facilitates documents to administer the WPM Lease-Only Program.
- Assists with the year-end tax reporting, as well as amended filings as needed to ensure full compliance with Internal Revenue Service or other regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred
- Real Estate License preferred
- Certified Relocation Professional (CRP) certification preferred
- Working knowledge of Propertyware preferred
- Three (3) or more years of experience in customer service, property, tenancy or relocation management, or accounts receivable/payable preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong assessment and analytical skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, and fractions
- Knowledge and ability to use typical office equipment (PC, calculator, fax machine, etc.)