Bring your apparel merchandising and design expertise to Colony Brands. Responsible for supporting the Divisional Merchandise Manager (DMM) and the Brand Leaders in various merchandising activities that will maximize profit and sales and drive our design authority within the apparel division.
• Responsible for supporting the business by developing, leading, managing, and participating in various merchandising and design activities that will help Colony Brands meet its goals and reach its full potential. In coordination with the DMM and Brand Leaders, is responsible for financial profitability of lines with the apparel division.
• Develop merchandise assortments for multiple brands within the Colony Brands portfolio based on sales data and market trends that support the brand strategies.
• Based on category needs, conveys product ideas to the divisional leaders and the cross functional team.
• Work with the sourcing team to build product that meets customer expectations and satisfies the brand KPI’s.
• Initiates and manages consumer, market, industry, and competitor research to identify business opportunities; keep pulse on existing customers and understand needs and expectations of prospective customers with the apparel market segment.
• Partners with key cross-functional partners (marketing, e-commerce, creative services, sourcing, planning, database analytics, finance, legal, customer service, IT, operations) to ensure category execution is on brand and delivers business objectives.
• Participates in high-level business discussions and decisions. Required to understand the scope of the business and adapt creative tools to solving general business problems.
You must have experience in the apparel merchandise businesses: Direct Mail Order, Retail or Internet Sales. We’re looking for someone with strong Design, verbal and numerical reasoning skills with Merchandise Management experience. Ideally you will have a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Fashion Design, with Sales and Marketing or a related discipline. In addition, we are looking for:
• A creative individual that can conceptualize merchandising strategies, articulate them and develop product that supports the brand vision.
• 5+ years’ of Strong Merchandising, Marketing, Financial and General Business knowledge.
• A strong aptitude to research and analyze business opportunities.
• The ability to work with a multiple cross functional partners.
• An ability to think ahead and plan over a 1 to 5 year planning horizon.
• The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities/tasks. Lead complex, multi-department projects to optimal completion.
• A demonstrated ability to lead people and achieve positive results through others.
• Ability to function as a senior member within the merchandising team. Ability to understand that the organization is built on a series of integrated business processes. Must understand how each process works and how they are interrelated to other processes.