Corporate Tax Analyst
The Tax Analyst is responsible for providing assistance in the preparation of the quarterly and annual corporate tax provision, federal, state and local income/franchise tax compliance, sales and use tax and property tax compliance. This role will also be responsible for assisting with tax projects, performing tax research, responding to tax notices and answering audit information requests. The Tax Analyst will be expected to have strong analytical skills, gain a thorough understanding of tax rules and ensure proper tax treatment of business-related issues. This position is open to a location of Minneapolis, MN or West Fargo, ND.
Role & Responsibility
Prepare Tax Returns
- Federal, state and local income and franchise corporate tax returns, extensions and estimated payments, including collecting and analyzing financial data, calculate book/tax differences and preparing supporting work papers.
- Assist in preparing U.S. international corporate tax forms and supporting work papers, including Forms 1118, 5471, 5472, 8858, 8991,8992, 8993.
- Respond to tax notices and answering audit information requests.
- Manage tax payment requests and preparing tax payments reconciliation and roll forward schedules.
- Review fixed assets book data reconciliation and maintaining tax depreciation module in Oracle.
- Provide support in tax accounting projects, including preparing tax entry submission, deferred inventory roll forward, return to provision true-up, quarterly valuation allowance analysis, and uncertain tax positions schedules.
- Assist with filing state and local sales and use tax, property tax and other miscellaneous tax returns to ensure timely and accurate reporting to various tax jurisdictions.
Tax Research & Special Projects
- Track proposed/enacted tax law changes that impact the Company.
- Maintain and monitor tax calendar to ensure timely filing of federal, state/local income tax and sales/use, and property taxes.
- Assist in managing tax department SOX control documents.
- Maintain tax SharePoint to establish an efficient information exchange system between Tax and business partners.
- Provide support in preparing monthly cash tax forecast.
- Perform tax research and provide guidance to business partners.
- Assist in R&D tax credit study and manage supporting documentation.
- Manage tax department professional fee payment process and tracking system.
- Education: Master’s Degree in Taxation or MBA with Tax emphasis preferred. Bachelor's Degree in Accounting with 2 years of corporate tax experience will be considered. CPA eligible is a plus but not required.
- Experience: 0-2 years’ experience.
- Familiar with federal tax compliance and research tools.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines.
- Strong desire to create value within the role and responsibilities assigned.
- Highly technical skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word & PowerPoint). Proficiency with Excel is required.
- Team player, fast learner and adaptable to change.
- Ability to work independently and a self-starter.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal & written) skills a must.
- Travel: 20%.
As a part of the Doosan Group, which employs more than 43,000 people in 38 countries worldwide, the company offers its customers products and solutions to help build stronger businesses and communities. Based in Seoul, South Korea, with its North America headquarters in West Fargo, North Dakota, Doosan Bobcat is a leading global manufacturer of construction, agriculture, landscaping and grounds maintenance equipment, attachments and services. The company is committed to empowering people to accomplish more.
Doosan Bobcat North America is home to world-renowned brands, including Bobcat® compact equipment, Doosan® portable power products, Ryan® and Steiner® grounds maintenance equipment and Geith® attachments. Doosan Bobcat North America is a tradename of Clark Equipment Company.
Doosan is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, citizenship status, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Individuals with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation in the application process or who need assistance accessing the information on this website should call 701-241-8700. Doosan is a VEVRAA federal contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans.
Beware of Fraudulent Job Offers and Solicitations
Any legitimate job offer will be preceded by an official selection process.