IEX Market Sales Manager - Centralized - Multiple Locations
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Market Sales Manager will focus on building and growing a productive, efficient, and compliant team of independent sales agents, third-party referral sources, and key internal and external strategic partners in order to achieve assigned sales targets. They will translate market strategies into specific tactics with measurable goals.
- Learn about and deeply understand the assigned market, including available products, networks, competitors, historical performance, past and upcoming changes to the market, market nuances (cultural and ethnic make-up, traffic flows and patterns, neighborhoods, preferred hospitals and providers), prior and future disruptions, key agencies and producers, market share, etc.
- Develop and execute an effective business plan to achieve objectives, including recruiting, sales events, market partnerships, training, engagement, and communication
- Be the Subject Matter Expert in all areas of the market and the products available. Have a deep understanding of the local product portfolio (ACA, MA, SNP, MedSup, PDP), available providers, applicable rules and regulations that apply to sales and marketing, compliance, and UHC processes and procedures
- Achieve recruiting goals by increasing the number of licensed, contracted, certified and producing agents as needed to achieve sales goals, including recruitment of agents with ethnic, cultural, and language backgrounds and abilities that reflect the market population. Increase producing agents and sales per agent. Assist with the creation of agent business plans to achieve desired outcomes
- Engage and communicate with agents effectively and frequently through various means to build relationships and motivate agents to sell more UHC products. Share ideas and best practices, offer solutions, facilitate professional networking, and introduce incentives as appropriate
- Build, maintain, deepen, and leverage internal and external strategic relationships that create sales opportunities. External relationships include, but are not limited to key agencies, exchange navigators, community organizations, professional associations, provider groups, non-profits, financial advisors, food banks, etc.
- Oversee the creation of appropriate sales, product, and technical trainings and schedules. Conduct regular sales related training, focusing on increasing sales, overcoming objections, expanding markets, selling the full portfolio, presentation skills, prospecting, etc.
- Create and execute effective resource sharing strategies, including lead routing, kiosk assignments, community meeting assignments, and participation in other UHC agency incentive programs as appropriate. Monitor for effectiveness and adjust accordingly
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of sales or sales support experience
- Experience in structured sales, service or business development
- Knowledge of insurance industry and/or Medicare
- Must Live in Miami, FL, Minnetonka, MN, Phoenix, AZ, Colorado Springs, CO, Roanoke, VA , Green Bay, WI, Greensboro, NC, St. Louis, MO
- Ability to travel on up to 25% of the time
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Licensed, appointed and certified in the state (s) doing business with 30 days
- Solid relationship building skills and ability to work virtually to engage customers
- Excellent communication skills, including phone, written and possible video
- Solid technical skills including Microsoft office, SharePoint
- Creative thinker with proven track record of innovative ideas
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: IEX Market Sales Manager, Centralized. IEX Market, Sales Manager, Miami, FL, Florida, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota, Phoenix, CO, Colorado, Roanoke, VA, Virginia, Green Bay, WI, Wisconsin, Greensboro, NC, North Carolina, St. Louis, MO, Missouri