MAINTENANCE / ENGINEERING MANAGER
Mexichem is a leading provider of products and solutions across multiple sectors from petrochemical to construction, infrastructure, agriculture, healthcare, transportation, telecom and energy, among others. It is one of the biggest producers of plastic pipes and connections worldwide and one of the largest chemical and petrochemical companies in Latin America.
Built upon a global footprint, it employs over 19,000 people in more than 30 countries where it holds over 120 production plants, 2 fluorite mines, 6 training academies and 16 research and development laboratories and generates more than US$5.6 billion per year. With over 50 years of history and more than 30 years trading on the Mexican Stock Exchange, Mexichem has a business model of vertical integration and strategic acquisitions, which derives in exclusive access to raw materials, proprietary technology and global competitiveness. This position belongs to the Mexichem Brand, which is one of many brands under Mexichem
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
The Maintenance Engineering Manager is responsible for identifying and managing risks that could adversely affect plant operations. The Maintenance Engineering Manager will improve performance of productive equipment, preserve plant physical assets, and control maintenance labor and material costs to achieve plant performance goals. Forecast and control plant capital spend to maximize investment value. Develop and implement an Asset Maintenance Plan that ensures adherence to best practices.
DUTIES AND RESONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrates commitment and leadership to company safety initiative, “I Choose Zero”, at all times and with all employees. Ensures Maintenance Department compliance with applicable Federal, State, and local Environmental, Health, and Safety standards not limited to Lock, Tag, Verify, Haz-Com, waste disposal, and guarding.
- Defines, implements, monitors, and improves an Asset Maintenance Plan for the plant that includes:
- Preventative Maintenance
- Effective utilization of predictive and other non-destructive testing methodologies designed to identify and isolate inherent reliability problems.
- Critical Spare Part Inventory
- Manages the cap-ex process from proposal to completion; gathering bids/prices, writing proposals, value analysis, assessing suppliers, coordinating contractors, managing budgets, overseeing installation and testing, and retaining completion documentation.
- Develops engineering solutions to repetitive failures and all other problems that adversely affect plant operations. These problems shall include capacity, quality, cost, or regulatory compliance issues. To fulfill this responsibility, the Maintenance Engineering Manager shall apply:
- Data Analysis techniques
- Root-Cause Failure Analysis
- Failure Reporting Analysis and Correct Action Systems
- Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Help drive data collection of equipment failures and scrap losses.
- Analyses of asset performance that can include:
- Overall Equipment Effectiveness
- Downtime related failures and causes
- Other parameters that define operating condition
- Applies value analysis to repair/replace, repair/design, and make/buy decisions. Submits purchase requisitions electronically using SAP.
- Provide leadership to the Plant Maintenance function:
- Determine work procedures, prepare work schedules, and expedite work flow.
- Develop and schedule all preventative maintenance within the facility.
- Evaluate and improve tool changes.
- Maintain parts inventory for key equipment, assure all parts available for scheduled preventative maintenance
- Conduct department meetings, required trainings and performance employee reviews for approximately 4 direct reports.
- Lead and train operators in Lean Manufacturing methods.
- Completes a fair and comprehensive assessment of suppliers.
- Provides subject matter expert level technical support to production and maintenance staff and technical personnel.
EXPERIENCE AND/OR EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering Technology, or related discipline from a four-year college or university or the equivalent in experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of manufacturing Maintenance/Reliability/Engineering experience, developing and implementing results generating Reliability Engineering practices.
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory or management experience required.
- Maintenance Reliability Professional (CMRP) Certification preferred.
- Experience with predictive maintenance technology
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with team members, peers, and management at all levels.
- Effective communicator, able to speak to all audiences throughout the organization and strong written communication skills.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities, project management
- Proficient in these programs: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, Auto Cad, and MS Project.
- Experience in Lean initiatives and process; knowledge of ISO procedures, statistical methods and their application.
- Office and manufacturing shop floor environment
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
- Ability to spend long durations standing/walking in a manufacturing environment with steep ladders and catwalks.
- Ability to support 24/7 plant operations.
Mexichem offers a broad range of value added ingredients and finished products that contribute to customers’ success and ultimate improve the quality of life for people around the world. Along its commitment to good citizenship, Mexichem delivers Total Value to customers, employees and investors worldwide, every day.