Utilities Systems Technician
Maintain the infrastructure and utility systems within the Facility including Ammonia, Boiler and Waste Water Systems. The individual will be responsible for all Utilities and Infrastructure maintenance issues and will have close interaction with all site departments and other functional management. Promote and implement the highest level of customer service internally.
- Participate/support the RMP (Risk Management Process) and assist in the development of the system and operational standards and corrective actions.
- Shift technician for utilities and infrastructure maintenance.
- Work with outside contractors on projects related to facilities and utilities repairs, modifications, and installations.
- Follow up with skilled staff and contract labor to ensure all work is that is scheduled, and completed according to established timelines.
- Provide proactive communication and viable solutions to site departments and other functional management about problems and complications.
- Assist facility landscaping requirements / snow removal.
- Maintain compliance with company policies, safety standards and good housekeeping practices.
- Work within the scope of Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) program and compliance.
- Evaluate and discuss changes with the Facility Utilities Supervisor and implement changes as needed.
- Training and Safety – Provide a safe and healthful work environment for all personnel through consistent support of the company’s Safety Process. Oversee safety processes including, but not limited to, goal setting, hazard recognition, and elimination, administration of safety procedures and corresponding corrective action, area inspection, job skills, and compliance training, accident investigation and safety meetings.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces policies and safety regulations.
- Must be able to work flexible hours; days, afternoons, midnights, overtime and weekends as necessary.
- As necessary, other duties and/or projects may be assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Knowledge and experience working on high-speed processing equipment (electrical, mechanical, pneumatics, etc.), Refrigeration systems (Ammonia preferred), Steam Boilers, air compressors, water delivery systems, wastewater treatment, etc. is preferred.
- Must pass company drug screen and background.