The Product Manager (PM) will work closely with our Sales, Engineering, Operations and Marketing organizations to manage the rapidly growing specialty fastener and the tool product lines. The candidate should have strong experience in customer and sales facing product management as well as team based new product development. The manager will be the primary point of contact for the product lines, synthesize input from a wide variety of sources and represent the voice of the customer. The individual will work closely with management to develop strategies, product plans, requirements and priorities for new developments. The individual will work closely with engineering and project management to establish requirements, project plans and support detailed product development planning from beginning to end. The PM will provide source documentation for our product and marketing in launch of new products and maintenance of existing products. The individual will support customer service and operations with training on new products, forecasting and quality improvement.
- Maintain ownership and focus on assigned Specialty Fastener and Tool product lines
- Primary point of contact on assigned product lines, supporting customers, sales & customer service
- Work closely with sales, marketing and management to pursue all sales opportunities.
- Primary responsibility for product development prioritization, schedules, tracking and reporting
- Develop written product requirements for products based on customer input.
- Develop business plans as needed to ensure viability.
- Providing PM leadership to cross-functional teams in the development of new and improved products
- Develop source material for input to product and marketing documentation
- Work closely with sales and marketing on product field testing
- Maintain a current knowledge of relevant industry standards and competition
- Develop and maintain technical and market expertise in products and markets
- Travel (to customers/tradeshows) 10%
- BS/MS in Mechanical Engineering or Materials/Metallurgy Engineering
- BS Business with technical experience will be considered
- MBA preferred or MS Management
- PMP – Project Management Professional or project management experience a plus
- 5+ years’ experience in industrial product management
- 5+ years’ experience in mechanical fasteners, materials or metal formed products
- 5 years’ experience in new product development project management
- Strong leadership skills, demonstrated ability to supervise and manage others
- Strong customer relationship skills, business development, sales/marketing experience
- Extensive customer and sales facing experience product management
- Proficiency in MS Project, MS Word, Power Point, Excel
- Demonstrated experience managing a product/project portfolio
- Excellent communication and team leadership skills