$32.00 to $40.00 per hour
Iconic Candy Manufacturing Company North of Boston is looking for a Production Supervisor to be responsible for the day to day operation of production departments within a business unit.
- Ensure that finished products are consistently manufactured meeting prescribed standards, compliant with quality, safety, and good manufacturing practices. Produce quality items on time, and meeting consumer expectations.
- Effectively communicates production issues with solutions to the Business Unit Leader (BUL). Align with Business Unit Leaders on approach and guide decision making.
- Acts to remove barriers for their direct reports.
- Provide timely feedback and coaching to individuals and team in order to develop them to their full potential and to achieve objectives related to PCQS (Production Cost Quality Safety).
- Promote and enhance a positive labor management relationship including efforts to continuously improve teamwork and establish high levels of employee involvement.
- Execute workforce development program that will provide appropriate flexibility of workforce and assets.
- Trains, develops, and promotes production Leads to meet present and future needs.
- Reports KPI performance to BUL daily and delivers action plans against shortfalls.
- Uses KPIs and root cause analysis to drive decision making and problem solving.
- Troubleshoot production equipment for mechanical issues and propose maintenance activities.
- Perform shift shutdown which enables future shifts to effectively re-start.
- Manages labor, food, and packaging variances, as well as scrap control, reworks, and production expense budget within their business unit.
- Ensures that personnel policies, work rules, and general plant guidelines are administered properly, consistently and fairly.
- Ensures operations meet all government regulations and plant quality specifications.
- Promotes effective working relationships and positive attitudes amongst employees.
- Ensures production standards are followed for both speed and headcount.
- Reviews manpower requirements, production scheduling, and equipment limitations with the help of the BUL and Plant manager.
- Manages conflict and addresses concerns using HR and their Business Unit Leader as a resource.
- Models appropriate work behavior and professionalism at all times.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by Plant Manager
- Communicates with support departments concerning production needs, concerns, and all other applicable information.
- Ensures that all applicable information is communicated at daily DOR meetings.
- Updates the Business unit Leader on any operational issues or concerns.
- Clearly communicates expectations to Team Leads.
- Ensures that production associates communicate effectively with other departments in order to achieve production goals.
- Communicates all other problems and concerns to appropriate personnel (Team Leader, Q.A., Maintenance, Sanitation, etc.).
- Safety & Quality:1. Follows all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and good housekeeping practices
- Uses proper personal protective equipment (PPEs) when on the production floor including steel-toed shoes, safety glasses, hearing protection, etc.) Check with the Training Department or the Safety Department for the specific protective equipment required in each area of the factory.
- Follows proper Lock Out, Tag Out (LOTO) policy and procedures.
- Ensures that all employees use safe work habits and that the work environment is safe.
- Is aware of general hazards listed on the SHE sheets. Takes preventative measures to avoid injury associated with these hazards.
- Follows all applicable regulations and guidelines to ensure food safety
- Reports quality concerns to the Quality Assurance Department and BUL.
- Uses resources available to quickly react and mitigate quality incidents. Acts as the incident commander
- B.S. Degree in Manufacturing, Engineering, Business Administration or a related area.
- Three to five years experience in a manufacturing setting.
- Communication, leadership, and planning skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and problem-solving skills as well as strong interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- High energy level and excellent follow up skills. Creative problem solving, attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Great people skills, maintaining a positive attitude, and the ability to motivate people are needed.