Human Resources Supervisor - TForce Freight
The Human Resources (HR) Supervisor provides consultative/tactical support to business unit management in the areas of Organizational Training, Performance Management, Health and Safety, Compliance, Compensation and Benefits, Talent Acquisition, Employee Relations, Labor Relations, Workforce Planning, and unemployment benefit cost control. He/She provides valued solutions to management for the implementation of HR initiatives. This position prefers a flexible travel schedule.
The primary responsibility of this position is to help the organization achieve its business objectives through the effective use of its human capital resources. To do this, the HR Supervisor provides coaching on policy and procedures, employee discipline, retention, health and safety, and other issues. This individual provides guidance on performance and talent management, workforce and succession planning, and employee career development. He/She also promotes organizational change to ensure that HR initiatives are effectively implemented, and develops an effective consultative partnership with business management. Duties include developing plans to successfully execute initiatives, communicating plans and gaining support for initiatives, and ensuring programs align with business needs.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provides coaching and guidance for business management to provide solutions for performance management, talent management, succession planning, and employee development.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge base, consistent time management skills, and strong organizational skills to provide an effective consultative partnership with business management.
- Utilizes formal and informal feedback from business management to drive human capital decisions and demonstrate measurable value to the organization.
- Promotes highly effective relationships with the service centers, business management, recruiting organizations, external customers, and peers, locally and globally, to share accountability and provide valued support for achieving business goals.
- Shares feedback with Region level management on the effectiveness of HR processes with the service centers and HR function for the review and modification of HR processes and procedures.
- Determines employees' training needs to produce continuous development plans; provides on-going feedback and support to improve performance.
- Coaches business units and service centers regarding best practices implementation of compliance procedures (e.g., reasonable accommodation, safety, etc.) to comply with federal, state, and local regulations and support focus on diversity.
- Collaborates with Talent Acquisition and business management to identify employee skill gaps and support implementation of employee development plans and learning interventions.
- Conducts performance evaluations in a consistent, fair, and objective manner to encourage continuous performance improvement.
Knowledge and Skills
- Designs/Develops Integrated Solutions to Business Problems: Demonstrates a basic understanding of a business problem; recommends a solution to solve the business problem.
- Health and Safety Knowledge: Demonstrates basic knowledge of injury and crash prevention techniques; demonstrates a basic understanding of job methods; identifies root causes of injuries and auto crashes; recognizes and reports unsafe working conditions.
- Labor and Employment Law Knowledge: Describes broad purpose of labor and employment laws, such as sexual harassment, protected characteristics, and has a basic understanding of traditional labor legislation; demonstrates an ability to identify general instances of discrimination and other non-compliant employment practices.
- Talent Acquisition: Describes talent acquisition practices; assists in selection and hiring of employees; demonstrates awareness of employment specific laws and regulations.
This position is being offered by TFI International Inc. or its affiliates, which is not affiliated with United Parcel Service, Inc. or any of its affiliates, subsidiaries or related entities (“UPS”).
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law