Nesco Resource is recruting for Maintenance Technician for a long-term client of ours in the Lincolnton area.
Pay: 22+/hour DOE
General Summary of the Position:
The maintenance technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site's business goals and objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility's equipment.
- Performs minor electrical maintenance to include but not be limited to replacement or repair of fixtures (e.g. wall switches and outlets, incandescent and fluorescent bulbs and tubes, ballast, sockets, fuses, minor appliances, cords, etc.) using appropriate hand, power and specialty tools.
- Performs minor plumbing maintenance (e.g. replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains, trenching and laying new lines, etc.)
- Performs minor painting, carpentry and masonry work (e.g. preparing surfaces and using brush, sprayer, or roller to apply paints, stains, and varnishes, hanging doors, fitting locks and handles, etc.)
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform machinist duties and responsibilities.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service. Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Order parts and maintain required documents.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
- High school diploma/GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience.
- 4+ years of manufacturing experience; strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and industrial skills with some PLC experience and HVAC.
- An AA degree in mechanical, electrical or industrial maintenance preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- Frequent ability to:
- Balance > 50% of the time
- Stand > 66% of the time
- Walk > 33% of the time
- Reach above/below > 66% of the time
- Sit > 33% of the time
- Frequent lifting up to 50 lbs and rare lifting up to 75 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This position requires working in an open production facility in areas that may or may not temperature controlled. Specific environmental conditions include:
- Working inside where temperatures occasionally reach or exceed 90-100°F or could potentially fall below 32°F
- Frequent exposure to fumes and/or unpleasant odors – ammonia/amines/acrylate (no toxic fumes, irritant classification only).
- Occasional intermittent noise levels not to exceed 85db.
- Frequent interaction with water-based and UV-cured inks.
- Rare interaction with skin sensitizers and corrosive materials
- Constantly working around moving vehicles and machines with moving parts.
This position requires compliance with specific Personal Protective Equipment, including but not limited to:
- Safety glasses
- Safety Toe Shoes
- Faceshield and/or dust mask
- Tyvec sleeves, coat, overalls
- Standard Nitrile gloves and Butyl Nitrile gloves
- Heat Resistant Gloves
(All employees must be meet the minimum work requirements and be able to perform the position with or without a reasonable accommodation.)
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.