Executive Sous Chef Kauai Beach Resort 18-112
Come join our team!
Come join our team!
You're Gonna Love It Here!
When you work at Aqua-Aston, you become part of our ohana. We are a tightknit group of diverse individuals who encourage each other to be our best selves.
It's Not Just A Job
Our employees smile, not because we want our guests to feel welcome, but because we can’t help it. Our work is fulfilling because we’re in the business of spreading aloha to our guests.
We Make Promises
Aqua-Aston offers competitive benefits, opportunity for growth, and a fun, rewarding work environment. We believe respect and teamwork are integral to our company’s success.
Executive Sous Chef
To assist the Executive Chef in managing kitchen shift operations and ensures compliance with all Food & Beverage policies, standards and procedures. Ensures the quality and standards are meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis. Supervises and coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
- Assists the Executive Chef with all kitchen operations and preparation. Manages kitchen shift operations and ensures compliance with all Food & Beverage policies, standards and procedures while ensuring the quality and standards are meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
- Leads shifts while personally preparing food items and executing requests based on required specifications. Prepares and cooks foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
- Estimates daily production needs on a weekly basis and communicates production needs to kitchen personnel daily. Maintains food costs and labor percentiles.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of cooks engaged in food preparation. Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters. Maintains the productivity level of employees. Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members. Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors. Provides guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed. Participates in the employee performance management process.
- Assists the Executive Chef in developing, designing, or creating new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including artistic contributions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two years related work experience and/or training in a high-volume restaurant/hotel required.
- One year supervisory experience required.
- Associate's degree or Technical School Certification is preferred.
- Formal training in Safety and sanitation required
- Must have a comprehensive knowledge of all hotel departments and functions.
- Must have a comprehensive knowledge of applicable Federal, state, and local health, safety, and legal regulations.
- Must have exceptional mathematical and computer skills.
- Ability to timely obtain any required licenses or certificates.
Kauai Beach Resort
4331 Kauai Beach Drive
Lihue, Hawaii 96766
We celebrate the diversity of people, ideas and cultures. We believe our differences are what make us better – a better place to work, a better place to grow, enabling a better way to see the world. We are fully committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, veteran's status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. The Company complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodation for disabled employees and applicants.