Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
A healthy heart is essential to good health. That's why we're committed to advancing treatments for people with cardiovascular disease. As a global leader in Cardiac Rhythm Technologies, our breakthrough medical technologies help restore people's health so they can get back to living their best lives, faster. We focus on innovative technologies that can improve the way doctors treat people with heart arrhythmias, or irregular heartbeats.
Our location in Liberty, SC, currently has an opportunity for a BEX Manager
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The BEX Manager is responsible to drive Operational Excellence and Continuous Improvement initiatives on site.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRING
• Establish, coordinate and provide leadership for the Learning and Development, Communications and Training programs within the plant (indirect and direct labor). Responsible for assuring program and project integration with the site strategy efforts and meet the guidelines, criteria and metrics established by the functional area managers. This individual will have a significant impact on both Plant and Operations budget and cost reduction goals. They will lead some of the most complex and highest impact projects available in the plant. This individual should be a current or future candidate for Department Manager as well as a prime candidate for the Business Excellence Manager position.
• This role is also responsible for managing the strategy for effective communication at all levels across the organization by employing proven communication methods. This role keeps the organization informed and aligned in its objectives using multiple communication channels and strategies, impacting both direct and indirect labor population.
The BEx Project Manager supports the departmental BEx Manager in driving Operational Excellence and Continuous Improvement target initiatives on site.
This role engages site leadership and employees by assuming and enforcing strong alignment between the business objectives and the projects.
This role supports achieving the site’s gross margin improvement targets and financial goals by driving streamlined and effective training programs, by tracking productivity and cost improvement opportunities, and by ensuring the workforce is developing the necessary skills to meet business targets.
The Business Excellence Project Manager creates strategies to increase employee awareness and to promote productivity.
The Business Excellence Project Manager helps the BEx organization in translating strategy, vision and long-term goals into practical targets and objectives.
This role extends the standardized use of CI, L&D, training and communication tools and methods across the organization. Cooperate with HR on establishing and driving the change management program.
The Business Excellence Project Manager supports the BEx Manager in spreading a culture of continuous improvement, supported with strong communication and a local training program reaching the entire target population with tailor made content. Provide coaching, mentoring and training to employees on all levels.
- Bachelors Degree (± 16 years) Engineering, Business Administration, Communications, etc.
- Minimum 8 years Experience in the Medical Device industry within manufacturing/quality roles. Experience with relevant regulatory and notified bodies (i.e. FDA, BSI, etc.) and GMP hands-on experience is required and essential.
- Minimum 3 years Supervisory experience required. Experience in technical training, strategic planning and/or organizational development is preferred.
- Practical knowledge and experience with CI tools such as: Class A, Lean, Six Sigma, JI, DMAIC and similar tools and methods are required and essential.
- Good understanding of Abbott financial processes and be able to establish business cases for projects and programs in cooperation with Finance, BEx and/or other affected departments.
- Experience in project management, people management and change management are required and essential.
- Self-starting and able to adapt work priorities in response to complex or changing environment.
- Highly developed facilitation and negotiation skills, as well as the ability to resolve conflicts and develop win-win relationships with other teams on site and with other organizations in AVD.
- Strong leadership skills and track record of driving projects to successful completion, even when operating in matrix organizations, with different support groups with potentially conflicting objectives.
- Analytical skills to identify root-causes for problems based on data and to highlight gaps compared to defined standards. Strong personal adaption skills and getting results through others.
- Demonstrated teaching and coaching skills
WHAT WE OFFER
- At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future.
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.