RN Labor and Delivery FT Nights - Sign on Bonus
Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse - AdventHealth Central Texas
Location Address: 2201 S Clear Creek Rd., Killeen, TX 76549
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth Central Texas, Killeen, TX
- Sign on Bonus to qualified candidates
- Our care for patients extend to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families and providing on call, 24 hours, 7 days a week Chaplains for spiritual support.
- Award winning facility with opportunities to grow both professionally and personally working with great individuals, part of a bigger team that continues to build a world-class culture where you become family.
- Extraordinary benefits to include tuition reimbursement and on-campus classes.
- Cost of living is 20 percent lower than the national average
- Largest school district in the area, with more than 50 elementary, middle, high school, and specialized campuses to choose from close to Ft. Hood, Copperas Cove, to Belton and Lampasas with plenty of restaurants, shopping and other family fun events.
- Miles of scenic trails and parks available for recreational activity
Full Time / Nights
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Administers care for the obstetrical patient having surgical procedure in the Labor & Delivery Operating Suite.
- Intraoperative and post anesthesia care is in accordance with Hospital established standards of care. Performs steam sterilization processing of instruments and supplies for the MCH unit in accordance with Hospital standards for sterilization. Assures sterilization parameters have been met before utilizing supplies.
- Assists with the care of the newborn at deliveries.
- Maintains skills in neonatal resuscitation.
- Demonstrates assessment skills in both high risk and low risk obstetrical patients.
- Recognition of maternal and/or fetal problems are identified and reported to the physician.
- Notifies charge nurse and House Supervisor of anticipated transfer.
- Notifies all surgical team members of emergency and scheduled surgical procedures.
- Accurately identifies and bands newborn, mother and significant others with matching identification bands.
What You Will Need:
- Registered Nurse licensed to practice as a registered nurse in the state of Texas.
- BLS from the American Heart Association required.
- One year medical-surgical experience recommended.
AdventHealth System Department of Maternal Child Health is divided into 4 areas. We have a 23-bed Couplet Care/gyn surgical unit, which consists of post-partum mothers and their newborns, GYN surgical patients, and occasional med/surg overflow, Nursery/Special Care Nursery and Labor & Delivery.
Labor and Delivery unit consists of 8 LDR's, 2 Triage Rooms, c-section suite. We currently have an approximate delivery rate of 1300 births per year.
AdventHealth System Registered Nurse (RN) fulfills an important role as a central patient care provider responsible for the coordination and delivery of patient centered nursing care. As a full partner of the healthcare team, AdventHealth System RN collaborates with all other healthcare disciplines to achieve successful execution of the patient’s plan-of-care. The RN utilizes physical assessment skills and advanced diagnostic technology to aid in the assessment of the patient’s nursing care needs. Data collected is analyzed, synthesized and disseminated to other healthcare providers. The RN continues to monitor and assess the patient’s physical condition, emotional and social needs, continually refining the plan-of-care to ensure achievement of the desired goals of the patient and facility outcomes.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.