The site quality lead is responsible for monitoring and driving improvements to the quality of products and components produced at the site. This includes establishing goals, ensuring current components and products comply to specifications, implementing and sustaining controls, and driving continuous improvements to products and processes. This involves collaborating with other cross-functional leads in engineering, operations, sourcing, and the channel to prioritize projects and to drive corrective actions that address root cause of issues.
Role & Responsibility
- Develop the quality roadmap and implementation plan for the site.
- Lead and manage the site and Internal Quality Team governance process for sustaining products and monitor progress via defects from internal customers, warranty and arrival condition report information from external customers, and by completing formal audits and assessments.
- Also work with the other Product Quality Team leads and service managers to monitor quality for products and components produced at the site.
- Continuously monitor quality of both supplied and internally manufactured components and products for conformance to specification, with a clearly defined closed loop process to red tag and remove non-conforming materials from production.
- Drive corrective action on non-conforming materials and secure deviations in situations where non-conforming may be temporarily allowed until addressed.
- Follow-up on field to factory communications and lead containment activities that may be required.
Corrective Actions and Improvement
- Continuously monitor and address emerging issues while ensuring the most important projects/issues are identified through the Internal Quality Team process and effectively complete those projects in the shortest time possible.
Control Plan Execution
- Review and drive updates to standard work, processes, tools, measurements, checks, and training used to ensure complete and consistent work is performed.
- Ensure designated calibrated equipment is available and that required calibrations are maintained.
- Be the point contact for quality communications pertaining to products and components built at the site with internal stakeholders.
- This may include drafting knowledge articles with information on issues and assisting dealer visits and other channel activities as opportunities are identified.
- Experience: 5+ years preferred in engineering, project management, operations, quality, supplier development.
- Education Required: Bachelor's degree in business administration, engineering or related field.
- Travel Required: 5-20%
- In-depth knowledge of:
- Hydraulic, Mechanical and Electrical Systems
- Bobcat Products
- Bobcat Production Processes including machining, weld, fabrication, and assembly
- Expertise in Lean Six Sigma.
- Strong knowledge of Quality systems and processes.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional root cause analysis skills.
- Good understanding of key business processes such as SIOP, NPD, and materials.
- Good understanding of the sites and Customers in CE business.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead teams.
- Demonstrated strong project management skills.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully drive change initiatives.
- Demonstrated successful process driven mindset.
- Demonstrated ability to execute/deliver results.
- Demonstrated business acumen.
The site quality lead will work with other quality leads and functional areas to:
- Identify and resolve the priority quality issues.
- Identify risks to quality and to put plans in place to mitigate those risks.
- Ensure sustainment of activities required to ensure product quality.
- Measure and monitor progress on quality KPIs.
- Gaining buy-in across all functional areas on priorities when other projects and initiatives are completing for resources.
- Sustaining the improvements where there is turn-over and people-dependent processes.
- Managing the high volume of information and ensuring the right people have access to the right information at the right time to be effective.
As a part of the Doosan Group, which employs more than 43,000 people in 38 countries worldwide, the company offers its customers products and solutions to help build stronger businesses and communities. Based in Seoul, South Korea, with its North America headquarters in West Fargo, North Dakota, Doosan Bobcat is a leading global manufacturer of construction, agriculture, landscaping and grounds maintenance equipment, attachments and services. The company is committed to empowering people to accomplish more.
Doosan Bobcat North America is home to world-renowned brands, including Bobcat® compact equipment, Doosan® portable power products, Ryan® and Steiner® grounds maintenance equipment and Geith® attachments. Doosan Bobcat North America is a tradename of Clark Equipment Company.
Doosan is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, citizenship status, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Individuals with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation in the application process or who need assistance accessing the information on this website should call 701-241-8700. Doosan is a VEVRAA federal contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans.
Beware of Fraudulent Job Offers and Solicitations
Any legitimate job offer will be preceded by an official selection process.