Land Development Project Manager
A Project Manager for Lennar will work alongside our experienced team of Land Development Managers to plan and develop award-winning residential real estate communities throughout the greater Houston area.
Responsibilities will include:
- Participate in the planning and vision of land development projects.
- Facilitate communication between engineering, architectural, legal, financial, and environmental consultants and contractors.
- Review and analyze construction plans and contract documents.
- Review and communicate schedules and deadlines to all consultants and contractors on multiple projects.
- Help facilitate the timely and accurate planning, design, construction, and final acceptance of all community infrastructure - including, but not limited to - roads, water, sanitary sewer, and drainage utilities, water and sanitary sewer plant facilities, detention ponds and lakes, electric power, gas, fiber optic, and telecommunication utilities, parks, community swimming pools, greenbelt walking trails, monuments, landscaping projects, etc.)
- Attend meetings with various governmental agencies, including local city, county, and state officials, utility districts, homeowner associations, etc.
- Help initiate bond application reports and submittals, through bond sales, and closing.
- Establish relationships with municipal inspectors and governing authority representatives and be able to resolve issues with agencies having jurisdiction over project and region.
- Responsible for SWPPP compliance of the projects and coordination with the Division Environmental Manager.
- Assist in management control functions including schedules, cost/budget controls, budget reconciliation, development cost and monitoring compliance.
- Review consultant and contractor invoicing and change orders for approval.
Candidates Will Need to Meet the Following Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Science, Real Estate Development, Urban Planning, or related field
- Valid Driver’s license and a good driving record required
- 1 to 3 years experience in land development or site construction
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) certification
- Prior internship or experience in the residential real estate development industry
- Must be able to read, understand and evaluate civil engineering / development plans
- Excellent written, oral, organizational and math skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with co-workers, outside agencies, business partners, consultants, contractors, and homeowners
- Ability to perform, in a professional manner, multiple detail-oriented tasks with simultaneous deadlines
- Computer literate with ability to work with Microsoft Office.