Director of Payroll
In an ever-changing and complex world, security concerns are paramount. Enhanced security requires education, training and specialized skills. Constellis provides end-to-end risk management and comprehensive security solutions to safeguard people and infrastructure globally. Our team of strategic problem solvers has a steadfast moral compass and unwavering dedication to creating a safer world. Constellis is committed to the success of our customers and partners.
Lead and develop a passionate Payroll Team that strives for "best in class" payroll services. Responsible for establishing and managing the payroll process and labor distribution. Work closely with various cross function teams (Human Resources, Finance and ADP) to establish a payroll organization for to ensure payroll and labor are processed accurately and timely. This position can be Virtual.
- Oversee the accurate processing of bi-weekly and monthly payrolls
- Administer the timekeeping and payroll function for the company in compliance with Federal and state laws
- Ensure that systems effectively and accurately interface for proper and timely charges to accounts and proper pay to employees
- Lead implementation of payroll software enhancements to include training across the organization
- Provide employee training on proper timekeeping procedures and assist with internal timesheet audits as necessary
- Partner with the monthly reconciliation for the payroll related general ledger accounts
- Develop and improve policies and procedures for payroll functions, implement plan for periodic review
- Conduct annual employee performance reviews and provide goals in line with company and departmental objectives. Provide mentoring and encourage staff development.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related discipline
- 10 years direct experience in the payroll/labor distribution function
- 10 years of experience in a government contracting environment with a basic understanding of FAR and CAS regulations
- 5 or more years of experience with managing staff
- Working knowledge of Collective Bargaining Agreements and Unions
- Experience with ADP, Deltek Costpoint &T&E
- Scheduling system (preferably Infor) experience
- International payroll experience
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) desired
- Experience with Microsoft suite, proficiency in Excel is essential
- Must be organized and have a strong attention to detail
- Ability to interact and communicate, both oral and written, with individuals across the organization
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage time and multiple priorities to completion
- Problem solving skills with an analytical thought process
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
Constellis protects critical priorities safely and efficiently around the world. Operating globally and based in the Washington D.C. area, our employees bring unparalleled dedication and passion for creating a safer world and upholding the highest standards of compliance, quality and integrity. As a leading global provider of risk management, security, humanitarian, training and operational support services to government and commercial customers worldwide, Constellis' forward thinking solutions include a range of synergistic services, including background investigations, social intelligence tools, advanced training, logistics and life support, UAV and K9 services, and crisis response mitigation. At Constellis, our number one priority is to secure success for our customers. For more information, visit www.constellis.com
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Paid Time-Off Program & Company Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Insurance: Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- On-the-job Training, Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are Monday-Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required.
May be required to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the workday.