Forward Planning Project Manager
D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S., was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries. Please visit our website at www.drhorton.com for more information.
D.R. Horton, Inc. is currently looking for a Project Manager for their Forward Planning Department. The right candidate will be responsible for overall progress and planning of projects, approval of plans and procurement of necessary permits for construction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead, manage and direct consultants in design and development of all architectural, structural, post-tension, truss, energy, landscape, improvement, final map and dry utility plans
- Submit plans to City and County agencies for approval and permit processing
- Develop and maintain development schedule
- Serve as primary liaison between the development team and various governmental agencies and departments
- Budget development and management, invoice approval
- Provide lot exhibits, community information statements, CC&Rs and easement disclosure, etc. to Sales Department for purchases and sales documentation
- Conduct all business in a professional and ethical manner to serve customers and increase the goodwill and profit of the company
- Physically walking the site with the ability to determine potential for special development situations, (i.e. demolition, utilities, relocations, special grading issues, etc.)
- Research the following and possess the analytical skills to interpret the following: Adjacent zoning classifications & uses, aviation flight paths and pattern space, current or future nearby freeway construction (dates), transmission lines, school district information, nearby shopping, employment areas, review existing and possible proposed zoning classifications, determine if existing stipulations exist (prior zoning case), determine if stipulated to existing site plan, review City Zoning Ordinance, current impact fees, school “voluntary”(ransom) fees, preliminary entitlement schedule, acquire City water, sewer, right-of-way and zoning maps, City buy-ins, Right-of-way dedication or abandonment needs, median breaks request or required, water size/location, sewer size/location, capacity, identify electric company provider, power pole/line burial, status of any existing fence (condition/location), status of existing pavement/curb/gutter/sidewalk, existing landscaping (relocate/salvage/clear & grub), status of existing irrigation ditches/pipes, review flood plain maps for determination
- Research and organize market data to determine the financial viability of a planned community.
- Coordination of land planning and engineering consultants to prepare submittal exhibits/plans. Receive, review and revise exhibits/plans. Attend meetings with City Staff and DRHI Development Team. Request, receive and submit City application fee, submit application and plans to planning. Attend public hearings on related topics to assigned projects. Schedule and attend neighbor meetings to assigned projects. Render site plan for meetings. Request and receive adjacent neighbor mailing labels for
- notification. Prepare notifications, affidavits of notice and submit to City. Prepare notifications and coordinate proper delivery.
- Coordinate and track the submittal of construction plans and other plans (i.e., Final Site Plan and Final Plat). Attend follow-up meeting with City staff. Receive and review plans, produce revisions. Coordinate with staff on Council approval of Final Plat. Coordinate Final Plat recordation at County Recorder’s office
- Oversee and coordinate all other public hearings including: variances, amendments, abandonments, etc.
- Regular and reliable attendance
Manages two or more subordinate supervisors in the Construction Department. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university
- Five to seven years of related experience and/or training
- Must have a vehicle and a valid driver's license
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written oral form or via DRH applications
- Proficiency with MS Office and/or Smartsheet
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and attedntion to detail
Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success. We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- Medical, Vision and Dental
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, Personal Time and Company Holidays
Build YOUR future with D.R. Horton, America’s Builder. #WeBuildPeople2
Follow us on social media @hortoncareers for an inside look at our company and connect with us on LinkedIn for up to date job listings!
LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram