Agricultural Distribution Facility Supervisor - Chemical Experience Preferred (Grand Forks, ND)
Are you looking for a stable job with an industry leader? Do you have a minimum of 2 years’ experience supervising an Ag chemical facility or do you have a chemistry education? Are you willing to supervise a team of approx. 8-10 people while being hands-on and working alongside them? Are you computer savvy with the ability to learn new software quickly and easily? Are you familiar with loading/unloading procedures, dispatching, and other distribution activities? Do you have a positive, get-it-done attitude with excellent communication skills?
If you said yes to all of these questions AND you are dedicated to team safety, we want to hear from you!
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
The Agricultural Distribution Facility Supervisor directly supervises the work and interaction of functional teams within the location. This may include safety, warehousing, production plants, fertilizer/chemical, manufacturing, dispatch, and DOT. Facilitating and supporting company initiatives involving Operational Efficiency and Freedom to Operate is imperative. It is also the responsibility of the Agricultural Distribution Facility Supervisor to ensure each team operates efficiently to achieve their goals and also interacts effectively with other areas of the facility.
Key Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to lead and influence
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Able to comprehend and communicate written policies and procedures
- Able to maintain and promote professionalism in interactions with team members and customers
- High School Diploma or equivalent and experience with Agricultural operations
- Agriculture background preferred
Key Personal Attributes:
- Safety minded. Lead by example and support company initiatives
- Strong desire to influence and lead teammates
- Ability to establish relationships with location personnel, peers and customers
- Adaptable to rapidly changing work environment
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Enjoys diverse work and job duties. Versatile and flexible
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Supervise facility operations
- Comply with all Wilbur-Ellis safety and regulatory procedures
- Facilitate and encourage effective communication with the Sales team
- Promote safety culture while aligning with internal corporate objectives
- Provide daily direction to Warehouse and Chemical/Fertilizer staff and direct reports
- Support and facilitate location goals and objectives
- Provide support to other team members as required to attain customer-centric focus
- Work with the Location Operations Manager to coordinate the design, installation, operation, and maintenance of equipment
- Coordinate annual audit and compliance activities with Location Operations Manager
- Assist with compliance efforts related to DOT, GPS, EHSS, and other regulatory agencies
- Conduct annual performance reviews with direct reports, and provide coaching and feedback as needed
- Promptly address employee performance issues with the assistance of the Location Operations Manager and People & Culture Business Partner
- Ensure that all direct reports are properly trained in their necessary duties and suggest training to improve relevant job skills
- Promote a positive work environment and overall employee morale
- Present a professional image through personal appearance and overall facility cleanliness
- Attend EHSS training sessions and meetings when necessary
- Other duties as required and assigned
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary (to be determined based on experience or other factors)
- Benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, Employee Assistance Program, vacation, sick time, life insurance, + more); Pension Plan, 401k match up to 3%
- Drug-Free Workplace
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed, and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-three years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit, and a dedication to quality work, our customers, and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits, and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)