Classification: Payroll Administrator
Compensation: $55500.00 to $73000.00 yearly
Manage the production of accurate and timely payroll for employees, deliver strong internal customer service, and communicate effectively while working in a deadline-driven environment in this exciting Payroll Administrator role with one of Robert Half Finance and Accounting clients. This full-time employment opportunity is based in the Cleveland, Ohio area. Act now and apply today!
What you get to do every day
- Look into payroll areas, pay practices related to FLSA, and fringe benefit reporting to determine how those practices apply to advise management
- Guide staff with pay related issues, general questions related to payroll, PTO accruals, wage deductions, and fringe benefits
- Confirm timely processing of payroll in accordance with labor regulations and standard accounting principles
- Agree to current payroll tax requirements and relevant laws associated with the processing of employee wage data, including payroll taxes, employee federal and state income and social security taxes and other required reporting
- Guide regular payroll reporting as required and assist with financial audits related to pay records and associated general ledger
- Check data entered by others in the payroll software to include, but not limited to salary/wage increases, benefit deductions, employee termination dates, and employee leaves of absence under FMLA or other unpaid leave
- Record voluntary deductions, as well as wage garnishments, pay levies, and other involuntary court-ordered payments in a timely manner, including reporting to the necessary authorities
- Manage quarterly and year-end payroll reports
- Originate systems and protocols to direct the collection, calculation and entering of pay data
- Pool resources with Human Resources, Information Technology, and other internal business partners to ensure security protocols for pay systems
- Foundational knowledge in Union Payroll
- Knowledge in Oracle
- Process Bi-weekly Payroll experience highly desired
- Strong familiarity with Kronos Timekeeping System
- Well-founded grasp of Garnishments
- Proven knowledge of Weekly Payroll
- Background in HRIS system and high proficiency with spreadsheets
- Previous involvement in various withholdings, processing liens, and garnishments
- 5+ years of payroll experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business administration or related field
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled finance and accounting professoinals in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local office at 888.490.5461 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/finance to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.