Landscape Grounds Manager
A Safe Haven Landscaping has an immediate opportunity for an experienced, Grounds Account Manager. Grounds Managers are accountable for establishing, maintaining and exceeding customer expectations, ensuring job profitability through preparation of competitive proposals, efficiently managing multiple landscape crews and maintaining the quality standards of A Safe Haven Landscaping. Experience working with multiple sites and managers is critical to success. Landscaping and/or construction project oversight experience is also required.
This highly visible position is charged with:
• Serving as the primary contact for all maintenance and enhancement activities.
• Developing and maintaining relationships with client for all projects and services.
• Identifying and exceeding client expectations through one on one meetings with Engineers, Principals and Facility Managers.
• Preparing proposals, long term and short-term budgets and presentations and serving as the primary project manager for all activities and assisting with project budgets and negotiate enhancement proposals.
• Processing timely billing and job costing data, and correlate with standard estimating procedures.
• Developing a quality production team through leadership and hands-on crew training.
• Managing and developing staff, establishing and maintaining time records, production schedules.
• Preparing Work Orders, Details, and Specifications.
• Procuring Materials and Equipment, and coordination of sub-contractors.
• Conducting training for installation crews- project planning, scheduling and technical skills Establishing crew accountability for quality, production standards
• Maintain communication with customers throughout project timeline
• Crew Management and Training
• Allocate replacement staff as needed
• Evaluate performance and prepare performance reviews as needed
Required Qualifications and Skills
• 5+ years supervisor experience in Landscape Maintenance or a related field is required
• Bachelors in Horticulture preferred or Associates required: or related field
• State pesticide applicator’s license must be obtained within 60 days of employment
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and excellent driving record
• Ability to stoop, balance, climb, kneel, crouch, lift, carry, push or pull a variety of equipment, tools, and materials.
• Ability to work in all weather, below zero, extreme heat, rain and snow.