¡Lo sentimos! Esta posición ya no se encuentra disponible. Vea oportunidades de empleo similares aquí.
Building Maintenance Engineer
Responsible for all mechanical equipment functions and operations of the property, including, but not limited to, HVAC, mechanical systems, electrical, and plumbing. Work closely with building Property Manager and building engineers to establish and maintain effective operating procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Comply with all EPA, OSHA, & ASHRAE rules, requirements, procedures, and guidelines.
- Maintain all areas of the property in a clean organized manner.
- Maintain and operate mechanical engineering programs for the maintenance and operation of all mechanical equipment. Maintain a preventative maintenance schedule for all HVAC, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing equipment, with emphasis on developing programs for corrective action and reduction of waste or excessive costs.
- Perform scheduled maintenance on all equipment based on the manufacturer’s recommendations and operations manuals.
- Regularly inspect proper function of all major HVAC, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing equipment.
- Review contracts relating to the mechanical functions and appearance of the property and submit to Property Managers with recommendations.
- Maintain maintenance logs on all major mechanical equipment; maintain daily Property Log, logging all significant events and occurrences.
- Provide technical advice and training to Property Managers and engineering staff. Recommend to Property Manager needed mechanical improvements with necessary back-up information giving costs estimates.
- Maintain detailed records of utility consumption with recommendations to reduce costs and attain conservation goals.
- Inspect the work of contract vendors and ensure it meets the standards of his trade and such standards as may be set by the building owners.
- Be knowledgeable of, and comply with, all maintenance and purchasing directives per company direction including, but not limited to:
- Property Inspections
- Maintenance Work Orders
- Landscaping and Grounds
- Special Maintenance Items
- Purchase Procedures
- Stock Control System
- Preventative Maintenance
- Ensure adequate operating supplies are on hand and requisition material for special construction or maintenance projects.
- Ensure inventory, and requisition of all light fixtures, doors, locksets, and miscellaneous other building components and see that each item is stored and properly inventoried.
- Ensure the mechanical areas, shops, and storage areas are clean and neat at all times with unused equipment and supplies properly stored and accounted for.
- Ensure building property and equipment, within field of responsibility, is not abused, is in top condition, is properly stored and checked out when needed.
- Perform mechanical operations and repairs when needed.
- Review all water samples and demand meter reports.
- Continually be informed and keep the Property Managers informed of developments pertaining to all mechanical operations.
- Determine the type of tools, equipment, and machinery needed and recommend their acquisition.
- Develop an on-going program to enhance responsiveness to tenant requests in the following specific areas:
- Light bulb replacement
- Hot/Cold calls
- Miscellaneous requests
- As needed, work with Property Management to insure good public relations and preserve the company and the owner’s image at all times.
- Assist Property Managers in the following areas:
- Coordination of tenant move-ins.
- Coordination of tenant renovation.
- Assist Property Managers in developing safety, fire, and security procedures.
- Set up and issue safety guidelines and materials.
- Analyze security and vandalism problems and make recommendations.
- Develop data for preparation of annual budgets, including general mechanical operating expenses, extraordinary mechanical, electrical, or plumbing repairs, including 5 year capital budgets.
- Be thoroughly familiar with established objectives relative to the properties.
- Continuing analysis of maintenance operations with a view to cost reduction.
- Develop and maintain property maintenance manual(s) (SOP’s) showing manufacturer’s maintenance manuals, water and gas cutoffs, electrical disconnects, sewer cleanouts, fire safety operation, etc.
- Maintain building and grounds mechanical drawings, plans, as-builts, and systems schematics, ensuring that changes are marked on appropriate drawings.
- Handle other duties as assigned.
- HS Diploma or GED
- Technical, vocational, or on-the-job training in one or more of the following areas: HVAC, electrical, mechanical, process controls, or plumbing
- At least three years experience in commercial HVAC maintenance
- Working knowledge of work order system and facility operation systems
- Familiar with fire/life safety equipment/procedures
- Excellent customer service skills; ability to successfully interact with tenants/vendors/contractors
- Valid, clean driver's license.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly with tenants, vendors, employees, and visitors
- Must be able to read and write English in order to understand manuals, procedures and to write reports
- Familiarity with blueprints and code requirements
- Universal CFC Certification preferred
Ability to lift at least 50 lbs., work from heights, verify colors, and climb ladders frequently
Puedes ver otros empleos de aquí