The Staff Accountant will be responsible for all aspects of accounting related to terminals within a specific region or multiple regions.
What will the Staff Accountant do?
- Generate and record invoices for appropriate charges per customer contracts: throughput fees, ancillary fees, contractual gain/loss settlements, etc.
- Create and analyze monthly terminal margin reports for variances between current month, prior month and budget for management review and approval.
- Monitor regional contracts for new agreements, amendments, terminations and annual contract escalations, with assistance from Sr. Accountant.
- Review Terminal month-end inventory statements for acceptable gain/loss, researching any operational variances issues with Operations and Business Development.
- Track monthly gain/loss volumes and excess/deficient volumes for reporting and settlement purposes.
- Responsible for invoice distribution and any customer inquiries.
- Calculate and record monthly journal entries for revenues, cost of goods sold and/or variable expenses.
- Research outstanding receivables on a routine basis; resolving unapplied cash issues with cash management, coordinating with Business Development to resolve any outstanding balances.
- Research and resolve issues with Terminal Managers, Business Development, vendors and customers as needed. This includes researching and resolving volumetric and pricing discrepancies.
- Perform monthly account reconciliations.
- Assist in response to internal and external audit requests.
- Ensure detailed compliance with Sarbanes/Oxley controls and procedures.
- Build good working relationships with operations personnel.
- Assist Managers and Sr. Accountants on various projects/tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
What we are looking for in a Staff Accountant:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and ability to interact effectively with various levels of staff and management.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficiency with accounting concepts, such as financial statements, journal entries, and balance sheets.
- Motivated, self-directed and results-oriented mindset with adaptive thought approaches to problem solving and automation.
- Effective in a dynamic environment, adapting to and managing change in a positive and proactive manner.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work under pressure to meet deadlines while maintaining highest quality of work product.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong leadership abilities, including an assertive (yet diplomatic) personality, a great attitude, and ability to handle change.
- Proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Excel Suite Products and Adobe Acrobat.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
- 2-4 years of professional accounting experience.
- Experience within Oil and Gas Industry or Manufacturing preferred.
- Experience using SAP is preferred but not required.
- Medical/Pharmacy Plan
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account Plan
- Health Savings Account
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Life Assistance Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Wellness Program
Publicado hace 11 horas
Puedes ver otros empleos de aquí