Maintenance Technician - Property
Monday-Friday 8-4 or 9-5
Bay Cove Human Services partners with people to overcome challenges and realize personal potential.
Your position as Maintenance Technician supports this mission as a member of the Property Department. The Property Department is tasked to maintain Bay Cove properties at an optimal level of quality, safety and comfort while developing new program sites in step with agency growth. Primary responsibilities of this position includes painting, assessment and identification of solutions for needed repairs and perform needed repairs/preventative maintenance. This is a non- exempt position.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Requirements for the Position:
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively with a culturally diverse staff.
- Demonstrated hands-on construction or building maintenance experience, preferably in a property management / development setting.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team context.
- Documentation and communication skills, as well as demonstrated organizational skills.
- Ability to negotiate and resolve differences with co-workers.
- Ability to function under pressure in a fast-paced and challenging human service and property management / development environment.
- Ability to do painting as needed.
- Ability to be flexible, open and responsive to ongoing industry changes.
- Ability to go up and down stairs to multiple floors to perform assessments and make repairs/ improvements.
- Ability to do heavy lifting up to 50lbs.
- Ability to be able to sit, stand, walk and drive
- Ability to be able to bend, squat, crawl, climb, reach above shoulder level, kneel and push and pull
- Ability to be able to grasp and turn items
- Ability to be able to perform work both inside and outside
- Ability to be able to work on heights up to 10 feet
- Ability to be able to sometimes work in exposure to dust, fumes and gases
- Current driver's license.
- Daily access during working and on call hours to reliable personal vehicle for transportation of self, tools and materials to and from job locations.
- Daily access during working and on call hours to own basic tools for use on the job. List of basic tools will be provided at time job is offered.
- An acceptable CORI (criminal record assessment).
- A COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement of the position. One COVID-19 shot is acceptable, contingent on the individual receiving the second shot within the allotted time frame.
Essential Functions of Position:
Painting and Routine Building and Equipment Maintenance
- Performs all necessary patching with sheet-rock where needed at a professional level
- Perform all necessary painting issues as needed at a professional level
- Perform all necessary caulking, filling of holes and any other issues as needed at a professional level
- Performs any necessary back up functions for KCSS Supervisor during vacations and sick and leaves.
- Makes assessments and identifies solutions for needed repairs and preventative maintenance, with focus on cost effectiveness and durability.
- Purchases required materials with focus on cost effectiveness and that the selected materials match the finish and color of existing materials to the greatest extent possible.
- Performs necessary repairs, improvements and preventative maintenance.
- Works as part of construction team on larger projects.
- Communicates and coordinates with building occupants in order to minimize impact when work must be performed in occupied spaces.
- Trains building occupants on building systems and preventative maintenance
- Prepares documentation of existing conditions, work performed, time allocation, and purchases.
- Performs grounds care tasks such as landscaping and snow removal.
- Moves furniture and other materials.
- Works evenings, weekends or holidays, as deemed necessary by supervisor.
Other duties and responsibilities
- Provide emergency on-call coverage on a rotating basis.
- Assumes responsibility for keeping driver’s license current to be checked annually as part of the evaluation process.
- Assumes responsibility for maintaining reliable personal vehicle for transportation of self, tools and materials to and from job sites.
- Follows and implements all safety procedures.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned by Property Manager.