Gas Leak Survey Technician/Cathodic Protection - Binghamton, NY
Key Responsibilities and Critical Success Measures
The Field Technician, Leak Survey conducts leak survey inspections on designated natural gas systems, providing quality service to meet client’s compliance requirements.
- Follow all company, client, state, and federal code of regulation requirements.
- Follow all company safety, quality, and operational policies and procedures.
- Complete the Heath Consultants training and applicable operator qualification program requirements.
- Represents the company in a professional manner.
- Accurately detect, classify, and document natural gas leakage on client infrastructure.
- Complete daily leak reports, address lists, and any other documentation required by Heath and our client.
- Adhere to the vehicle policy.
- Reading utility prints and maps.
- Communicating professionally when interacting with homeowners and utility representatives.
- Develop a knowledge and understanding of the underground facilities infrastructure.
- Meet overtime and travel requirements.
- Perform other duties as deemed necessary by the supervisor.
- Safety is our number one priority
- Communicate openly and honestly
- Approach all that we do with a sense of urgency
- Always do the right thing
- Treat others as you wish to be treated
- Strive for excellence in everything we do
- Provide an environment that nurtures growth and enjoyment
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Utility industry experience preferred but not required.
- Customer service experience preferred.
- Basic computer literacy (all documentation is computer based).
- This job requires traveling to service locations, it is required to have a valid driver’s license.
- Meets Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) requirements.
- Aptitude for basic math skills to calculate distances and ability to read utility prints and maps.
- Within the first month achieve a Six Sigma Lean certificate of achievement.
Reports to Crew Leader; Project Manager
Responsible for Position is not responsible for any supervision of other staff members.
- The job is primarily outdoors but may involve entering residential and commercial properties. This work is performed under all weather conditions. They may regularly be exposed to heat, cold, rain and other elements of outdoor weather.
- Working in residential, urban, suburban, and rural areas as designated by client.
- Heath Consultants is a drug free work environment, employment is contingent on passing background check and a pre-employment/random drug test.
- The ability to stand and walk for long periods of time on varying types of terrain, to bend and stoop, and to lift heavy items is essential.
- Walking between 3 to 7 miles per day on varying types of terrain in all types of weather.
- Once an indication of a leak is found, a 10-15 lb. plunger bar is used to punch holes in the ground so that an instrument probe can be inserted into the ground to measure the concentration of natural gas as part of the investigation procedure. The plunger bar is similar to a fence post driver.
- Travel is primarily locally during the business day, although some out of the area travel and overnight may be expected.
- Action Oriented / Takes Initiative
- Customer Focus / Customer Centric
- Decision quality and problem solving / Demonstrates good judgment
- Drive for results /Achiever
- Functional / Technical Skills / Technically competent
- Integrity and Trust / Trustworthy
- Personal learning and development / Develops self
- Planning / Plans work
- Priority setting / Focused on priorities
- Time management / Manages time