Landscape Maintenance Technician, Per Diem, Days, Bethlehem Campus
St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured; educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a patient's ability to pay for health care.
The Landscape Maintenance Tech maintains the exterior grounds including all landscaping, parking lots, roadways and parking deck. Install new landscaping in areas for visual, safety or other reasons.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plant and maintain the proper appearance of all landscape beds, annual and perennial Flowers, shrubs and trees.
- Cut and trim all lawn areas. Repair, renovate and establish new lawns as necessary.
- Clean ground using rakes, brooms, hoses, and vacuums. Shovel, sweep, and remove
- debris from grounds.
- Inspect and perform maintenance on all equipment. Maintenance will include blade sharpening, oil change, tune-up and preventive maintenance.
- Identify landscape pests (weeds, insects, fungus) and apply pesticides as per proper application procedures.
- Prepare and grade landscape beds and install new landscaping including shrubs, trees retaining walls and any other landscape as per standard landscaping practices.
- Inspect grounds to ensure safe conditions, and make recommendations for improvements.
- Maintain interior plants including watering, fertilizing and plant rotation as needed.
- Maintain driveways and parking lots including asphalt patching, line striping, curb repair and other maintenance as needed.
- Maintain walkways and staircases, including sweeping, vacuuming and pressure washing.
- Shovel, plow and remove snow during storms as needed. Be able to operate and maintain: snow-blowers, snow-plows and other snow related equipment.
- Fuel, inspect and perform minor repairs to hospital vehicles: including oil changes, tire rotation, chassis lubrication and other repairs as necessary.
- Perform maintenance on the parking deck: including joint caulking, pressure washing, oil stain removal and any other work required.
- Operate large power equipment including front end loader, tractors, roto-tillers, skid loaders and other equipment.
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
Sitting for up to sixteen (16) hours per day, five (5) hours at a time; standing for up to six (6) hours per day, three (3) hours at a time: walking for up to sixteen (16) hours per day, five (5) hours at a time: frequently fingering, handling, firm grasping, twisting, and turning: frequently lifting, and carrying up to 100 pounds; occasionally pushing, and pulling up to 250 pounds; frequently stooping/bending, squatting, crouching, kneeling, crawling, and climbing; frequently reaching above shoulder level; occasionally touching as relates to feeling with fingertips without visual contact when repairing equipment; hearing as it relates to normal conversation as well as high and low frequencies; seeing as it relates to general, near, far, color, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
High School Graduate or equivalent.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of two (2) years in the grounds maintenance and landscape/hardscape field preferred.
Please complete your application using your full legal name and current home address. Be sure to include employment history for the past seven (7) years, including your present employer. Additionally, you are encouraged to upload a current resume, including all work history, education, and/or certifications and licenses, if applicable. It is highly recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application. Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's!!
St. Luke's University Health Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer.