JLL is seeking an Operations Manager to join our team in Bedford, MA to provide leadership and direction for the efficient operations of a large campus. This position is responsible for managing all aspects of the facility management service delivery system at the assigned location, primarily Asset Management and Operations. In this capacity, the Operations Manager is accountable for the achievement of the Management Plan and all key performance indicators including responsibility for managing the capital and expense budgets, short and long-term operational projects, operations and maintenance, interface with senior managers in client business units, coordination with other key managers and customer satisfaction.
Roles and Responsibilities
- In consultation and collaboration with Facilities Management Director, oversee the operation, staffing, performance and development of the Facilities Management service delivery staff.
- Ensure client satisfaction by providing a seamless interface into the clients real estate organization. Demonstrate leadership, responsiveness and creativity.
- Oversee the development and management of the capital and expense budgets.
- Support the Account Manager in the implementation of short and long-term operational projects for the client project.
- Develop and implement the annual management plan; accomplish key performance indicators as identified by client.
- Oversee the appropriate site monthly/quarterly/annual reporting for the account.
- Coordinate discussions with each direct report regarding goal setting, performance reviews, career development planning and incentive/salary administration.
- Maximize utilization of suppliers, preferred vendors/contractors in accordance with MSA procurement guidelines.
- Insure compliance with JLL minimum audit standards and Best Practices.
Skills and Qualifications
- College graduate or equivalent work experience in Facilities Management with management/technical emphasis. MBA desirable.
- A minimum of eight (8) years’ industry experience required either in the corporate environment, third party service provider or as a consultant.
- Strong managerial background with knowledge of building systems, mechanical, electrical, HVAC, UPS, landscaping, snow removal, etc.
- Proven team leader with experience managing teams, multiple sites or campuses.
- Financial acumen with the ability to prepare budgets, reports and forecasts.
- Excellent communications, presentation and client relationship skills.
JLL Privacy Statement
When you visit JLL websites, JLL may collect information related to those visits, without you actively sending that information. This information may include, for example, the internet browser you are using, your access device’s operating system, the language in which that system presents information to you, your IP (Internet Protocol) address, the web search that took you to the JLL website, the web pages and advertisements displayed to you, and the links you click on.
For additional details please see JLL's Global Privacy Statement or our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please view our Equal Opportunity and Information Security disclaimers here.