Maintenance Technician II/HVAC
Osprey Village, Amelia Island's premier Retirement Community cares about the individuals who serve our members and is seeking qualified individuals who truly desire to work in a team environment helping others.Now accepting applications for a Maintenance Tech II/HVAC to assist all maintenance personnel in the short term, preventative and emergency maintenance programs for the buildings, grounds and equipment at the campus. This position supervises special projects, handles compliance issues when needed and performs independent tasks. Responsibilities will include the completion of all assigned work orders, maintenance projects and preventive maintenance measures under the supervision of the Director of Facility Services.
Experience and Skills:
- High school graduation or GED required .
- Technical training in mechanics, electrical, plumbing, landscaping, or HVAC desired.
B. Direct Previous Experience
- Mechanical or maintenance experience required.
- Two years experience in painting and housing / commercial refurbishment desired.
- Two years experience in a similar maintenance position desired.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must conduct all business with a professional manner and with a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to use hand tools, automatic / electrical machinery, carts, and dollies.
- Thorough knowledge of MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheets) and OSHA compliance.
- Ability to exhibit efficient computer skills.
- Basic knowledge of swimming pools and swimming pool maintenance.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record as specified by the Company and by the Company’s automobile insurance carrier.
- Work outdoors and indoors during the work day (fluorescent lights, HVAC
system, carpeted flooring, normal office noise levels).
- Climb up to two flights of stairs.
- Ability to climb extension ladder up to and above roof height.
- Lift objects of 25 pounds or less over the head.
- Move objects of 100 pounds or more.
- Ability to swim at least 25 yards.
- Ability to work under time-sensitive or stressful situations.
- Respond to medical emergencies on a rare occasion.
- Assist with resident evacuations, if ever required.