Manager Of Industrial Engineering
Come to work and be ready to think on your feet, grow your skills, and embrace the many opportunities. Our Distribution Centers are the key to getting new products out to TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, Winners, Homesense, and TK Maxx. To keep up with our ever-changing inventory, we stay nimble and adaptable. No day is the same, and that’s just how we like it. Every shift is a new opportunity to Discover Different—and support each other along the way.
Posting Notes: Worcester || MA
Manager of Industrial Engineering
Designs, develops and implements strategic logistics solutions to optimize the Marmaxx Distribution Centers and Supply Chain Network. Directs a team of IE Managers that identifies, drives process improvements, engineered methods, standard methodologies, analysis of labor/space/equipment capacities, and measured labor standards to increase DC productivity and reduce cost. Ensure data integrity for incentives and accurate DC labor performance reports though labor management systems administration.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Ensures best methods applications, accuracy of labor standards, and soundness of industrial engineering practices to ensure that standards and methods are not only the most efficient, but to be defensible against all union challenges.
- Maintains integrity of the Labor Management Report system based upon engineered standards in assigned DC's, and the associated function design requests for all WMS data interfaces needed to accurately report labor activity and pay accurate incentives.
- Develops, implements and evaluates business and engineering solutions to modify or improve existing production and processing methods (e.g., minimizing cycle time, elimination of redundant activities, assessing appropriate place to perform floor ready tasks, evaluating storage and throughput capacity).
- Runs labor, material, and process costing to support standard methodology recommendations and capital value justifications. Ensures engineered methods are at a common elemental level. Develops universal training materials to explain and maximize detailed methods and engineered solutions.
- Analyzes existing and anticipated logistical business constraints to develop an optimal Marmaxx supply chain network. Collaborates with IT, Buyers, Transportation, Planning & Allocation and Distribution Center Management and travels to sites to identify, analyze and evaluate DC process design. Develops and executes interim plans and methods to achieve optimal network design and evaluates effectiveness.
- Leads a team of 4-5 IE Managers.
- Establishes departmental goals and individual objectives and makes decisions and recommendations regarding various human resources functions to include recruitment, compensation, performance management, training, development and associate relations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or Industrial Technology
- Strong communication and negotiation skills Proven leadership and project management skills
- Willingness to travel
- Must have experience with implementing and maintaining at least one labor management system (Red Prairie, ProRep, Manhattan, etc.)
- Must be certified in one or more standard data work measurement techniques (MOST, MTM, MSD, Ease, etc)
- 5 years industrial engineering and project management experience Distribution Center/retail experience
- At least 2 years as supervisor of technical associates required
- 3 years of labor standards development utilizing standard data measurement systems
- 2 years functional design experience in interfacing WMS data to labor management systems
Come Discover Different at TJX—we think you’ll find that it’s so much more than a job. We move a lot of inventory—at all times of the day—and that takes working, learning, and growing together. When you’re a part of our TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit team in our Distribution Centers.
As you think about where to work, know that we take care of our people. We offer competitive pay and great benefits. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Posting Notes: Worcester || MA