Retail Stockroom Clerk
Responsible for the physical labor to stock shelves, load/unload merchandise deliveries, straighten and inventory merchandise, monitor returns to stock, carry goods for customers. Responsible for accurate accounting/tracking of all store inventory.
- High school Diploma; General Education Diploma with some work experience preferred.
Preferred Skills and Industry experience:
- Friendly / Enthusiastic: Presents a professional image in words, actions, and appearance.
- Dedicated: Punctual and reliable.
- Establishes and maintains an organized flow of goods in the stock room and onto the sales floor. Stocks and assists in tagging merchandise.
- Inspects for and corrects improperly priced merchandise. Organizes and maintains the stockroom to company standards.
- Logs and files all paperwork accurately.
- Ensures accuracy of all incoming/outgoing shipments of merchandise.
- Prepares merchandise for vendor returns, transfers, or customer shipments. Maintains awareness of loss prevention situations.
- Protect company assets
- Accept delivered packages and ensure proper amount is inside.
- Unload merchandise.
- Mark items with identifying codes, such as price, stock, or inventory control codes.
- Stock shelves with unpacked items.
- Ensure label is clear and visible.
- Help customers fill orders.
- Complete customers mail, Web, and phone orders by retrieving the ordered merchandise.
- Compute price of merchandise.
- Prepare merchandise for shipment.
- Replenish inventory.
- Ensure customer received product.
Note: **Nothing in the job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.