Client Development Sales Executive, UHCG - Telecommute in Iselin, NJ or Hartford, CT
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Client Development Sales Executive of for Global Solutions has supporting responsibilities for business development activities representing UnitedHealthcare’s multinational employer segment in an assigned territory, in tandem with the VP of Client Development. UnitedHealthcare Global Solutions is focused on market leading services, solutions and insurance products for globally mobile employee populations. They will have direct responsibility to build and maintain small group relationships (defined as 2-25 subscribers) and Business Travel Medical opportunities with existing and prospective customers as well as partnerships with the broker and consulting community, local UnitedHealthcare health plans, current and prospective UHC / UHCG clients and industry partners. Additional areas of responsibility include pipeline development and management of the sales cycle from beginning to end. This individual will be responsible for meeting or exceeding annual new business revenue targets for expat employee benefits, global business travel medical insurance, and Assistance and Security programs. Products which the UHC Global Solutions Director of Client Development will be responsible for representing in the market include: group expat medical, dental, pharmacy, vision, EAP, life, AD&D, LTD, evacuation, business travel medical, group security and medical assistance programs including natural disaster/political evacuation services and travel tracking. They will act as subject matter expert on the global insurance expat market. Additionally, they will introduce UnitedHealthcare Global’s additional business lines operating in the USA, Europe and South America where appropriate.
If you are located within the state of NY, NJ or CT, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Meet or exceed annual sales revenue and profitability goals
- Build and maintain distribution channel relationships
- Pipeline development, management and prioritization
- Manage RFPs inclusive of proposal development, finalist meetings and transition to implementation and client management
- Successfully follow up leads, write proposals, and initiate client contact and contact with key brokers and consultants
- Develop client and broker/consultant specific presentations and proposals
- Expand UHCG market presence
- Direct prospecting
- Support market events such as global forums, sponsorships, client or prospect events and/or broker events
- Manage pipeline and participate in sales team pipeline activities
- Partner with VP of Client Development on broker strategy for territory and provide updates on agreed upon cadence
- Maintain relationships with key personnel in UHC domestic
- Collaborate effectively with peers
- Establish and maintain internal network
- Build and maintain close and collaborative working relationship with Underwriting
- Maintain deep knowledge of UHG products and services
- Establish and maintain effective internal network within UHG
- Demonstrate and support UHG culture throughout the organization
- Communicate UHG value and differentiation on a consistent basis
- Demonstrate support of company-wide programs and initiatives
- Drive collaboration with departments outside of UHCG
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 2+ years of experience selling group medical or similar insurance products to the corporate market in US or equivalent experience acting as a broker or consultant
- Ability to support a sales territory while being a proactive member of the sales team
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Work experience dealing with multinational corporations, expatriate populations, global travelers or international employee benefits
- Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and ability to present to an audience
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 7 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that’s second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Client Development Sales Executive, UHCG, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Remote, New York City, New York, NY, Vineland, New Jersey, NJ, Bridgeport, Connecticut, CT