Do you have a strong desire to help others? We do too! Here at American House Senior Living Communities, we would welcome the opportunity to offer you work in a safe environment during a time when many people may be displaced.
Under the general direction of the Maintenance Director, the Maintenance Assistant is responsible for the overall maintenance/upkeep of the physical plant (building and grounds) including preventative maintenance, repairs, and inspections.
- Excellent communication skills and a compassion for older adults.
- Basic knowledge of plumbing, electrical, heating/cooling, and general repair skills.
- Schedule is 20 - 25 hours per week and includes most Saturdays and Sundays.
- Ensure all aspects of the building are in a good state of repair.
- Respond to maintenance requests on a daily basis.
- Employ proficiency with software applications/programs/tools used by American House for Maintenance position.
- Maintain Unit Maintenance Log for each apartment.
- Monitor and maintain Building Inspection Schedule that includes preventative maintenance program and all required system inspections.
- Remain on call 24 hours a day for emergency maintenance needs.
- Perform routine janitorial duties in order to keep building and grounds clean and neat.
- Snow removal and landscaping not performed by outside contractors.
- Supervision of part-time, temporary, or contract personnel.
- Perform routine inspections of interior and exterior of building.
- Perform mandatory annual unit inspections completing required documentation.
- Order maintenance supplies and monitor inventory.
- Responsible for timely turnover of vacant apartments.
- Maintain dumpster area and monitor trash pickup.
- Ensure the highest quality of customer service is available for our residents.
- Engage in prospective resident visits.
- Perform welcome orientation with new residents.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Physical Abilities: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the Maintenance Assistant.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, talk, bend, stretch, pull or push and lift items.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Continuum Services is a single-source provider with proven expertise, dependability, and scalability in four key areas: facility operations, exterior services, technical services, and environment services. Headquartered in a newly renovated office in Farmington Hills, Continuum is the go-to full-service solution for interior and exterior facility operations, maintenance, and repair. Facilities serviced by CONTINUUM have earned such prestigious accolades as the ENERGY STAR® for superior energy performance, BOMA’s Office Building of the Year® (TOBY) Award and CEL’s National Real Estate “A” List Award for Service Excellence. Helping employees develop and become highly skilled professionals who deliver best in class solutions to our clients is what we're all about - join us today!
Continuum Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We support a safe, healthy and drug-free workplace through criminal background checks and pre-employment drug testing