Sr. Applications Developer
Sr. Applications Developer
We’re the obstacle overcomers, the problem get-arounders. From figuring it out to getting it done… our innovative culture demands “yes and how!” We are UPS. We are the United Problem Solvers.
About Applications Development at UPS Technology:
Our Application Development teams use their expertise in programming languages and software design to develop next-generation technology. They are responsible for developing the applications which track and move up to 38 million packages in a single day (4.7 billion annually). This team works closely with all of our customers to build innovative technologies that are customized to drive our business and provide the ultimate customer experience. As an App Developer, you will help UPS grow and provide valuable services across the globe.
About this role:
The Senior Applications Developer provides input and support for, and performs full systems life cycle management activities (e.g., analyses, technical requirements, design, coding, testing, implementation of systems and applications software, etc.). He/She participates in component and data architecture design, technology planning, and testing for Applications Development (AD) initiatives to meet business requirements. This position provides input to applications development project plans and integrations. He/She collaborates with teams and supports emerging technologies to ensure effective communication and achievement of objectives. This position provides knowledge and support for applications development, integration, and maintenance. He/She provides input to department and project teams on decisions supporting projects. The Senior Applications Developer will be responsible for:
- Design and develop applications that support payment card authorizations and settlement that meets PCI compliance regulations
- Design and develop RESTful web services to bridge the gap between front end customer applications and back end billing systems
- Build applications using Agile methodologies
- Help develop next-generation technology incorporating automation and CI/CD
- Play a key role in determining design methodologies and tool sets, and recommend system solutions
- Quickly grasp technical and business concepts
- Have excellent planning and organizing skills, sound judgment and decision-making, problem solving skills
- Work independently with limited supervision; working effectively with users and management teams
- REST and SOAP API development
- Familiarity with Red Hat OpenShift, and dual datacenter open systems infrastructure
- Agile and DevOps experience
- Strong communication skills
- Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree in Computer Science or STEM related degree
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to work for a Fortune 50 industry leader. If you are selected, you will join our dynamic technology team in making a difference to our business and customers. Do you think you have what it takes? Prove it! At UPS, ambition knows no time zone.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law